Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PAW torque converters

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChadH82, Dec 16, 2001.

1. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

Is anyone using their Heavy Duty RV towing converter? The price seems pretty cheap. Let me know what you think about them.

Chad

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Im interested in this too.

Still hoping the GOV'T will ban the use of loud stereos with RAP music. [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

3. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

4. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

No one?

Chad

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Only thing I'd check to see is if the converter vanes are fully brazed (think maybe they say "furnace brazed") and thats about it. You can ask them if they have complaints about them, sometimes you actually get an honest answer. the reality is that almost all converters you buy are rebuilt units anyway, so its not like one starts out better than the other, they are basically all GM pieces originally. Check with a local trans shop and see what they can do for you. Most sell "towing" or "truck" converters, and they are rebuilt locally a lot of times, so warranty may actually be included. one I had re-done locally had a one year warranty. Course that warranty was for the shop, but the guy would have returned it to me had it been necessary. Lockup torque converter completely rebuilt, my core, for less than $150. Not bad. Think my "towing" TH400 converter was less than $100 locally.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?