Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pay as you go...........Cell phone rate plan

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Aug 21, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Anyone tried that? I was thinking of using the Amp'd plan. My wife rarely uses hers and I use very few minutes but fairly often.

2. SLOK5

SLOK5 1/2 ton status

Ive always bought my own phone and got the prepaid plan. Such as right now I have a motorola v551 and is a very nice phone with bluetooth, camera, video, mp3 ringtones, speaker phone....The best part is sign it up with cingular and you get free calling to other cing members and if you buy the $100.00 at a time refill they are good for a year! I usually get about 4 months but thats cheaper then any of THEIR plans! DONT sign up for there GO phone. Just buy your own and they will sell you the chip to activate it. If you dont want the V551 I can suggest a cheaper V550 with no video or bluetooth. I got this same setup for my MOM because she never uses the cell hardly but wants one when she travels ... Hope this helps. Brian

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

When I was up in Rapid City, SD. I was on "Free UP" through Verizon and I paid a whole $15.00 a month.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i have the metro pcs and it is sweet! i got the cheapest phone but i can call anywhere in the USA for $51.00 a month. ALL DAY long,no limits,no time frames.and i have call waiting,caller id,voice mail,text messeging.i can litteraly stay on the phone 24/7 and the price is the same.if i don't want it,just don't pay it.:D

5. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

If metro PCS had come out before i got my cingular plan, i would have gone with them. But i used to have Tracfone. And the company blows. I hated having prepaid cause at times i spent upwards of 80 bucks a month.

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i had cingular pay as you go and half the time they didn't have cards to buy. "you gotta get here earlier" i have a job ,i can't get here earlier.:mad:

7. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is the "plan" I'm looking at..........Amp'd as Amp'd uses Verizon systems.
    [​IMG]Pay-As-You-Go Plans

[​IMG]Services[​IMG]RatesTalk$0.10/ minPush to Talk*$1 per day unlimited*Text Messaging$0.10 per messagePix & Vid Messaging**$0.25 per messageMusic Downloads***$0.99 per songRingtones & Mastertones***from $1.49 per toneGames***from $4.99 per gameVideo streams & downloads***from $0.99 per videoWallpapers***from $0.99 per wallpaper

8. SLOK5

SLOK5 1/2 ton status

If you use your own phone and use pay as you go you can refill using your phone, regualr phone or as I do the internet ;)

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

My wife has a pay as you go phone she bought a wally world. She charges it up online. I guess it is kinda handy. I would not touch one of those evil things myself . But Joanne likes it.She is not one of those women who has one of those phone apendages thingys growing out of the side of her head. So it works out fine for her. IIRC she pays 30.00 for 90 days service.
    I also bought tose things for my kids.... cuz they said they cant function without a phone....... Told them you are on your own after 90 days.............Makes them responsible for their mouths.:D Love it.... CELL PHONES SUCK!

10. SLOK5

SLOK5 1/2 ton status

AND COMPUTERS TOO !!! what am I saying :confused: