Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paying Dues

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by pauly383, Jan 7, 2007.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

This season ( starting in Moab in Oct ) is the season of paying some dues ;)

Michelle and I load up and go to the lake last night to sleep in our new camper , and everything went off without a hitch until its time to leave .

Now , I have been all over the Bartlett Flats at various water levels , and know the roads very well . And in the Blazer I have bever buried the truck in mud .

Well , I misjudged how the dirt looked , even told Michelle we won't get stuck , and buried the tow rig and trailer to the axles :o

A couple people were kind enough to stop me from making slow progress using my shovel , a piece of carpet , and firewood ( we covered about 75 yards in an hour just the wifey and I . See -----> go prepared ) , and pulled the trailer out first , and my truck just needed a push after that :D

No pics , thank god . Took 2 hours to wash most the mud off :wink1:

2. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

Da*n, guess i shoulda went huh.. everyone knows i love mud... :haha:Nate

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Dude, It reminds me of 05 when I headed out to Bumblebee. 10 miles of 4-6" mud- You should have seen it- The dually in 4 low, 1st gear, 2800 rpms on the ol 6.2. Gooseneck squirming around a bit, and the poor teeny pop-up behind the goose swaying to and fro. :haha:

After getting to camp, I swear the front of the Blazer and the goose had 3" of mud on it. Got mudflaps on the dually after that... hehe