Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paying Dues

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by pauly383, Jan 7, 2007.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Jul 22, 2001
    This season ( starting in Moab in Oct ) is the season of paying some dues ;)

Michelle and I load up and go to the lake last night to sleep in our new camper , and everything went off without a hitch until its time to leave .

Now , I have been all over the Bartlett Flats at various water levels , and know the roads very well . And in the Blazer I have bever buried the truck in mud .

Well , I misjudged how the dirt looked , even told Michelle we won't get stuck , and buried the tow rig and trailer to the axles :o

A couple people were kind enough to stop me from making slow progress using my shovel , a piece of carpet , and firewood ( we covered about 75 yards in an hour just the wifey and I . See -----> go prepared ) , and pulled the trailer out first , and my truck just needed a push after that :D

No pics , thank god . Took 2 hours to wash most the mud off :wink1:
  2. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

Apr 23, 2006
    Da*n, guess i shoulda went huh.. everyone knows i love mud... :haha:Nate
  3. FWP

Oct 11, 2000
    Dude, It reminds me of 05 when I headed out to Bumblebee. 10 miles of 4-6" mud- You should have seen it- The dually in 4 low, 1st gear, 2800 rpms on the ol 6.2. Gooseneck squirming around a bit, and the poor teeny pop-up behind the goose swaying to and fro. :haha:

After getting to camp, I swear the front of the Blazer and the goose had 3" of mud on it. Got mudflaps on the dually after that... hehe