Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PAYING MEMBERS Do you want quality or quantity?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mastercraftkpk, Mar 9, 2004.

1. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

Like the title says.....would you like to continue to get features like The Lounge, or are you frustrated (like me) with the recent limiting of our search ability. If it is newer that 9 months, then we can search it...if it isn't (like a lot of the best info) we can't access it.

While I like the new features, I think that I would rather have deeper search ability in order to solve problems/help others solve theirs.

By problems, I mean Blazer problems....not other non-Blazer probs. like finding someone a job or reading about fart jokes. If I wanted non-Blazer info., I would go to another site or watch Oprah. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I am noting the beginning of an increase in the VOLUME of information on this site at the expense of the QUALITY of info.

Am I the only one who sees the search limits as a symptom of an increasing problem?

Let me hear it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I hear what your saying. I really don't serch much anymore so don't have much personal opinion on that.
    The Lounge crowd is getting bigger and alot of online friendships/bashing are growing too. Like most folks that get board they start making stuff up to talk about to kill time or find amusment...
    I am just glad I got to know my rig very well before this place got as big as it is. It was alot eaisier back in the day to get build up info with out all the bashing. It still is not too bad here comparied to places like Pirate.

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I think I replied to this exact question in another forum. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I was trying to access some information too, "no matches found" is all I got for some viable information that was on here before, like trying to find some of my own older posts. I would like to use the search feature, but now it is full of crap like "Are you naked polls", so I just end up making another post.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

PAD... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

7. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

If all we did was search, this wouldn't be an active forum, it would be a reference. If you have a question, simply ask it. Just ignore the a-holes who reply,"repost"or "use the search function". /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Like the title says.....would you like to continue to get features like The Lounge, or are you frustrated (like me) with the recent limiting of our search ability. If it is newer that 9 months, then we can search it...if it isn't (like a lot of the best info) we can't access it.

While I like the new features, I think that I would rather have deeper search ability in order to solve problems/help others solve theirs.

By problems, I mean Blazer problems....not other non-Blazer probs. like finding someone a job or reading about fart jokes. If I wanted non-Blazer info., I would go to another site or watch Oprah. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I am noting the beginning of an increase in the VOLUME of information on this site at the expense of the QUALITY of info.

Am I the only one who sees the search limits as a symptom of an increasing problem?

Let me hear it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

repost /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

9. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    PAD... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If all we did was search, this wouldn't be an active forum, it would be a reference. If you have a question, simply ask it. Just ignore the a-holes who reply,"repost"or "use the search function". /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

do a search /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    do a search /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

13. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i want both.

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yes, it is harder to find information. I still come here for all my chevy specific questions, and to read stuff for/by friends, but I do most of my 4x4 research at Pirate4x4 and 4x4wire. Sorry Steve, but it's an evolving place that really doesn't interest me a whole lot anymore. Mainly I just surf Midwest forum, Plains forum, For Sale, and Center of Gravity... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

You can't prune it down to pure tech or it will become cold and heartless, and even if, someone will make a joke in a thread, adn that will go on, and get bigger, and it'll revert.

You can choose not to go to certain forums of the site

You can also choose to actually use era specific forums for real tech instead of throwing it in the garage with the tire size questions

It's set up to be all things to all people, the people just have to make it so

16. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

well THIS paying member wants pepole to pick one forum to make thier post in, not ALL the forums,LOL
    Now you'll have to do a search in all the forums to find your answers and replies.. but you don't like that feature. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I miss the 'old' CK5. The speed problems are not worth the few additional features that came with the last upgrade. Oh well /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

18. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

these are all host/server shortfalls, not software issues. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

19. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I miss not being able to smoke a cigarette with my caffine filled coffee in the morning... Now it's oatmeal and fruit... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

20. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

hey is that skydiver guy still not drinking beer? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif