Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paying members...

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by Sample, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Are you all happy with the product that Steve is selling you? Alll the hangups and slow server times? Do you feel you are getting the product your money deserves? Do you really believe that your money is going to maintenance of this site, or to his personal bank account?

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Well, look who reared his ugly mug.... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Its my choice to pay, even with the hang ups(which suck) i am very happy being apart of this board(member).

by the way, i'm payed up for TWO YEARS. Steve made a great
    decision to build this and its the American way to prosper...so more power too him AND I HOPE HE MAKES $$$ OF THIS SITE.

And, I have "almost" taken my truck to a mechanic so many times but with the help here, have never had to yet and the k5 is purring like a tiger...this site has saved me LOTS OF MONEY.

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I love this site. Ive been here over 2 years and it has cost me $50. I recently ordered an AK57 suspension and being a member here saved me $100. So yea I get more then my moneys worth. I LOVE the tech and the people here. I think its well worth the $25 a year. I hope some of the money goes into Steve's bank account. He worked hard for this site and deserves something for it.

Nick

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i love the service this site offers me, if it were not for a few users (read: YOU) it would be even better. i've spent thousands because of this site though. BUT i have saved thousands also from cool members that i would have never met, so yes, $25 a year is way worth it. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

I like this site, I pay my due's, buy, sell, trade stuff on here, it's Well worth it just for that. Not to mention all the how to tech. that's available too!

Everything cost's something, look at grocery's, how much a month do you spend on them only to sh!t them away? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Yep, very happy. Why do you ask?

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Oh brother, here we go again. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

What do you want from all the paying members here? You want them to rally behind you and go against Steve? What are you? Phuking nuts?!?! I'm gonna come down and knock the $h!t out of you if you don't start $h!t like this thread. And thats a promise, not a threat! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

What does it matter if anyone spends their money on a membership site? Its their choice, whether its slow or not. Its not Steve's fault that its slow. Its the people on this site that keep racking up the useless posts like you just started right now. Talk about fricking newbies who waste bandwidth with stupid rants against the adminstrator. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I move for a motion to BAN Sample for good. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I just renewed my membership this month, this will be my second year as a paying CK5 member. I think the $25 a year easily covers all the information and all the people that have helped me build my vehicle(s). I normally don't "buy" my friends but it seems that when you buy a membership here, you're paying for well over 1,000 friends who will hang out with you and chat about fo'wheelin all day long (and all night when you're in the doghouse /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) Good for Steve if he makes some money out of the deal... a stand-up guy like him should make something for all his hard work and the debts that this site has cost him in the past few years. Anyways, you're an idiot for thinking you can make people not want to come here by starting stupid posts like this one... I guess your reputation serves you well /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

10. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I move for a motion to BAN Sample for good.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I second that /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I'm happy with what I get here for free. Sure paying members get access to more forums and I would like that too. And members get discounts and such (not to mention the lack of respect most blue names get here, see replies above)...But me personally, I'm poor. I have been building my blazer for 3 years because it takes that long for me to save up for anything. I fabricate most of my parts so discounts don't do me much good. Should I ever have the disposable income that doesn't force me to choose between buying a membership or a piece of steel to build a bumper out of then I will become a member.

Incidentally over the last couple weeks the forum has been working rather fast for me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. thatK30guy

Oh, BTW, whiny b!tch, I've paid for 3 years of membership on myself and bought 2 other memberships for 2 different members. Whats it gonna take to get you to shut up? You want a free membership? FINE!!! PM ME AND GIVE ME YOUR INFO AND I WILL PAY FOR YOUR FRICKING MEMBERSHIP JUST TO SHUT YOU UP!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I move for a motion to BAN Sample for good.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I second that /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I third that! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Whether Sample takes my free membership offer or gets banned, that name is still going to be on my "ignore" list. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

14. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

I WAS a paying memeber for awihle, but decided against renewing.

15. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

If I whine will you buy me one too?
    WAAHHH
    WAAHHH
    I want free stuff
    /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    I WAS a paying memeber for awihle, but decided against renewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure you don't want a freebie? Last chance. If you refuse it, you must STFU for good because you lose your priviledge to moan, whine and bitch by being a non-paying member. Last chance, don't screw it up now. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I'm not a member yet, I plan on being in the next week, so watch out /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I am very pleased with this site. I love it. THe people on here are awesome. I'd pay just to come on for one day. I've learned alot from here. People like you are th people who make this site slow. BTW I dont no if im the only one, but this has always been fast for me? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks Steve for this kick-ass site!! Expect me to be orange in the next 10 days /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Sure, I'll take it. Thanks

19. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

For the advice that reciprocates its priceless /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif For the friends and wheeling I have done lately locally its more than priceless. The technicall bugs WILL go away. I love this place, lots of people like myself /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Dang Wes you feeling GENEROUS today! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I say he needs to pay himself like so many others or STFU! I've been on and off here for a few years now and I love this site! Hey Wes you can pay my next years membership if you want /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifJ/K! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif
    Bill