Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

paypal experts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Aug 30, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

This paypal thing is harder than I imagined.

In order to use a credit card on paypal, I have to add it and vertify it, which will be on the credit card statement at the end of the month? then I can vertify it?
    If ebay has a mastercard picture, does that mean they accept that through paypal, or how does that work?

If I add a bank account, what does that do? Does it add money onto paypal, or does it just take the money out when I agree to purchase something/send money?

Does anyone have money sitting in paypal? Mine says 0.00... which is obvious, but is it safe to let money stay in there?

When I need to pay for something, how do I use the bank account or credit card? My mom isn't comfortable with money sitting directly in paypal.

help

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You can pay for something from Paypal without actually having money in the account, it comes from your bank account.

Yes.

I just opened another Paypal account to use for my business because it's the easiest and cheapest when it comes to setting up online ordering. I don't have to pay money for shopping cart software or have to worry about paying for a merchant account just yet.

3. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

Paypal will make 2 small deposits into your account. Then it will as you to place the exact amounts that were deposited so they can ensure you own the account, You can also call the CC company to get that sooner than waiting for your statment.

When you use paypal to make a payment, It will be taken from the CC or checking account that you have listed within your paypal account.

When Somebody pays you, The money is deposited into your paypal account. You can either leave it there or you can transfer it to your bank account.
    It all depends on how much traffic you have via paypal on how you personally chose to use this.

Hope that helps
    Brett

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

read the red thanks for the helpp

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

when I buy something on ebay, it will email me to tell me I won. Right?

Will it tell me the exact ammount I owe, with shipping or without? Do I add shipping into the cost after then? The ammount they list on the auction is the ammount I use, unless I email them and ask?

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

EBay will tell you when you've won something, but they'll also send you an email when you bid, when you're outbid, when you're the high bidder, when something like what you bid on is available, when it's hot out when it's cold out, etc... I usually wait til the last minute to find and bid on what I want unless it's a vehicle. Then I can pay right away and don't have to worry that I ignored the email that says I won.

Regarding paypal, you have to go to a link to "verify" your account. At the link they'll ask you how much the deposit to your bank account was, you just type in the amount that you saw deposited into your account and you're good to go.

I don't know if a CC or bank account is better. I've always used bank account because I nuerotically control my credit cards...

7. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

Originally Posted by bnc04
    Paypal will make 2 small deposits into your account. Then it will as you to place the exact amounts that were deposited so they can ensure you own the account, You can also call the CC company to get that sooner than waiting for your statment.

okay so I can just phone the CC company and ask for the number that paypal deposited or what do I ask them? The 2 small sums of money, then I deposit that exact ammount?
    You don't deposit it, there is a spot that paypal asks you to verify the transactions by entering the amounts the deposited. This verify's that you own the account.

E.g. if they deposit 1.25 and 0.46 I have to deposit that exact ammounts into paypal so it vertifies? Then after that I can use the credit card to buy?

When you use paypal to make a payment, It will be taken from the CC or checking account that you have listed within your paypal account.
    It will pay from whichever you chose to pay from, CC or savings or checking, whiever you have setup to use, one or two or all three. It's really pretty straightforward. Go into paypal and set it up. pretty simple, Just give it a try.

so when I have paypal set up with the credit card or bank account, paypal is like a virtural "check" that sends the money? EXACTLY

What is better to use; a bank account or credit card? or is it the same?Whatever is easier to track, I use my checking account so I can transfer money from paypal, When I sell something,, to my checking accout

When Somebody pays you, The money is deposited into your paypal account. You can either leave it there or you can transfer it to your bank account.
    It all depends on how much traffic you have via paypal on how you personally chose to use this.

Hope that helps
    Brett

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Still not quite sure about this verifying thing. I just call and ask for them to give it to me, then I enter it on paypal.com or something.

I worry alot, so I need full confidence before I do something, sorry if I am annoying.

9. driney

driney 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Funding with credit card

I've seen listings where the seller has specifically said that PayPal payments have to be funded from a checking account, not a credit card. Does the seller get charged an additional fee, or is there another reason? If you have a Personal PayPal account can you receive money from someone funding their account with a CC?

10. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Yes you have to have a special account that you have to pay for if you want to recieve Credit Card Payments.

Ira