Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paypal question.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Aug 13, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside

You can click the above link to see what I'm talking about. Apparently I have a "premier account" which means I get charged a fee for accepting payments. I want to switch to a "personal account" so I can accept $$$ without get charged a fee, but then I won't be able to accept credit or debit cards.

Now for the questions

Does anyone have a personal account? Does it work ok? Is it really free to accept money and transfer it to a bank account?

When you use paypal as a buyer, do you pay with a checking account or a credit/debit card?

I'm just wondering if I would be hurting myself by switching accounts, or if most people use a checking account or paypal balance to make payments.

Thanks for your time.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i have a personal one.

it i snot free FOR ME to pull money out as i am in canada, and it incurs a small %%.

as a buyer i use a CC all the time because it dont carry any balance and to transfer take longer that just useing the card.

and you can still be payed by CC, i used it to transfer a balance on my wifes CC when her new card was 0% intrest on perchuses only, so she "bought" a few things from me and I gave her the money to pay off the other lol!!!

if you have $$$$$ coming In to papal i would keep it in there and just use it to buy other stuff (if you do it regularly enuff)

3. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I know when I had a personal account instead of the premier it took alot longer to get my money to clear like four or five days. When people paid me it also took alot longer for there money to clear now its as soon as they pay it clears. The best thing to do is when you sell something tell in you add to include the 2.5 percent if they are paying with paypal. I don't even bid on anything unless they accept paypal its not worth the hassel of dealing with m/o only.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I guess I'll just leave it as-is. I think the Paypal fees are way too high and hate taking part in the scam.

5. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah the fees are probally too high but were paying for the convience and the securety most buyers realize that and are willing to pay so it works out in the end.

6. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yea they just changed that to where if you dont have the Premier account you can't accept CC payments.
    I just got a payment through a credit card and it wouldnt clear it because I didnt have the premier account. You can send money all day long with a personal account.
    Its just another way they are trying to get around giving everyone free service :mad:

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I don't mind paying a little for the service, but I HATE being raped. I received a $5.00 payment and the fee was 45 cents! I'm not great at math, but isn't that like 9%?

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks like you are good enough at math. now I am wondering which acount I have. i didn't realize the fees had gotton that high??

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

What makes it real bad for low dollar items is that they charge you a 30 cent fee and 2.9%.

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I usually just add the paypal fees in the shipping and handling charges.