Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PayPal scam?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tx_sub, Jul 21, 2005.

1. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

I got an email yesterday saying my paypal account may have had someone attempt to access it. However, as far as I know I never opened a paypal account. I use a CC for online purchases only. The link they tell you to click on then prompts you to enter your login and password. Seemed fishy to me, so I googled paypal and tried my usual login and pw's to no avail. So this is a warning to all. I think it may be bad. That is all.

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

What is the web address that the link takes you to where it wants your info?

Paypal never sends a link. They will always tell you to go to paypal and log in to your account.

:D

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

x2!!!!! I have recieved scam warning email from PP saying that they will never send a link.

4. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

definitely a scam. I now know that paypal will never send you a link, but I wasn't aware of that when I got a similar email. It got really fishy for me when they asked for my ssn

5. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

It is all bull$hit. I got the same thing saying I added a new email address and to click on their link to verify. The email source was not even from paypal. :mad:

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Happened to me too. I never click on those links. I called paypal about it. Definitely a scam. They asked me to forward the email.

7. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

You should post up the scammers website here. He should be brought to his knees. Plus i will sit here all day and enter useless information into his servers

8. icer97

icer97 1/2 ton status

I get several a week in my junk bin. They always say that my account is going to be froze if I dont update my bank account information. It gives me a link and then ask for username and password. It looks very real. Its bull****, and the proper authoritys need to do something about it. Rather than riding down gravel roads looking for us out drinking beer and trying to have a good time.

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I thought I was the only one that did this! :haha: :haha: :haha: I have come up with some very "unique" names for them.

:D

10. cyclone

cyclone 1/2 ton status

pp scam

PayPal wants anyone that gets these, to forward them to spoof@paypal.com

11. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I got the same thing on my E-Bay account and whenever E-Bay sends you anything they send you a message on your account also. I sent the message to E-Bay and they are checking into it. Never click the links always go to the site in question another way.

12. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

A couple of weeks ago I got a "Second chance" offer on a D60 I had a bid on on Ebay. It looked legit. Had all of ebay suff on it and everything. Then the guy tells me it is all ok and legit and asks for my address. If you bid on something on ebay, you and the seller can see each others addresses. Didn't think too much of it though. The 60 was in arkansas so I emailed the guy and asked when I could pick it up. He tells me that he is out of town and his wife doesn't want to deal with it so he will ship it to me at no charge. Sell me a D60 for $600.00 and ship it to me for free. Talked to ebay, It was fake. Sent a message to the original seller. He said I was the second one to ask the same question. Spoof@ebay.com or something I sent the email to. I consider myself quite perceptive of scams, But if he hadn't said he would ship it for free I may have lost my 600 bucks.

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, there's always an "if". I'm afraid one day these clowns will pick up on the major flags we look for, and actually scam some of us more aware people...