Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PayPal users... Question for ya

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jarheadk5, Apr 1, 2006.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Mar 6, 2000
    Anyone using the PayPal Money Market Account to park their funds in for a little return? They quoted 4.something % yield, which seems decent, but it's not FDIC-insured, and you can lose money...

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Jan 12, 2001

I don't keep anything in there long enough to generate any return. Just don't trust leaving big amounts of funds in anything online like PP's account like that.
  3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

May 8, 2001
    ING 6 month CD's will get you +4%. I'm looking into them and if I ever get off my lazy arse, I will actually use one. I'm a fan of diversification in many ways, though. I have a half dozen bank accounts, plan to use the ING CD, and plan to buy a few nice looking small cap stocks to hold for a year or two. Like PEIX, which I bought at (or below, I forget) $10, and wanted to hold for a year but had to sell unexpectedly, and is now at $21 today, 5 months later...

I haven't read anything about the Paypal investments, but I'm personally not really a fan of paypal, and as a result of that, wouldn't use them for investments. My sole reason is that I don't like paypal, as a company or a service (even though I use it), so if the product looks better than my reasons for arms length, it may be fine. How's that for completely not answering your question? :haha: :haha: :haha: