Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PayPal

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by heavy4x4, Sep 11, 2003.

1. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Ughhh...I just have to vent a little bit. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I just spent the last 45 minutes jerking around with setting up a PayPal account so that I can buy a new welder from some company selling them on Ebay. Freaking PayPal, now I have to wait for some stupid "expanded use number" before I can buy it. Ughh..I consider myself to be somewhat computer savvy, but this was just a rediculous set-up process in my eyes. For all I know, with as many "submits," "cancels," "backs," and "continues" I hit, I probably paid him 8 times. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I should have just given the guy my CC# and gone about my business.
    Someone tell me I'm not alone in hating "easy" computer things sometimes. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I got really upset a couple weeks ago.
    I have a certified bank account with funds and I wanted to pay someone for a part. I went to send it and it would only let me do a CC or e-check transfer and not a dorect payment /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I called them and asked about it and they said "The software, for some reason, believes the transaction may be a abnormal risk therefore it will not allow direct payment"

I asked them what the requirements were to flag a 'risky' transaction. They said "we dont know, its whatever the software designer built in" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Maybe some other service will come on line someday. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i signed up on paypal way back in the day... seems like it took about 5 mins tops back then. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif guess this is what happens when things get lawyered and secured all to hell.

j

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Someone tell me I'm not alone in hating "easy" computer things sometimes. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See my rant about Windows XP... MS makes things so easy that they're harder than they were to begin with. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif