Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PB Blaster and hedder install

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mccomas, May 22, 2004.

1. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

just pulled of my manifolds in order to install a set of headers. about 3 weeks before the job, i started shooting all the bolt heads with PB Blaster. i wanted to soak them good because i have read so many posts about guys breaking and striping bolts when installing headers. bottom line is this stuff worked great. every bolt came right out - once i hade all the junk out of the way (AC bracket, heat shields…) i pulled each manifold off in about 10 minutes. i have used other penetrating fluids, but this stuff really eats at the corrosion like nothing else i have seen…

2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Tell me about it. PB blaster works miracles. It has saved me from breaking bolts more times than I can remember.
    BTW-Another NC member. Awesome. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison

3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Never go to the junkyard without it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

been using that stuff forever. i love the writing on the PB cans, its got all these little tidbits about the product. little drawings and stuff.. capillary action rocks. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

We used it at the boneyard all the time,although I wasn't any more impressed with it than the other stuff like Cyclo Break Away,or CRC brand,Liquid Wrench,etc.My dad worked for the local gas company,and he used to get some stuff in a small squeeze bottle called TRIZOIL--it says on the label its 100% castor oil!and it works great.Be better in a spray can though,dont know if its still available,or sold to the general public.
    We found the PB Blaster also lives up to its name when sprayed on yellow jackets--I think I sprayed more on them than rusty bolts my last trip to the boneyard,after ripping a nest in half when I opened the door on a junker! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif