Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PC Game Help??????????????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Here's what I got going...............

I copied the files onto a CD, then pasted them onto my computer. The game worked, but I was having problems with it. Two game editors, one that edits the series (racing game) wasn't doing what it was supposed to do, the series got messed up.

So I finally found the original game CD and installed the game onto the PC like I should have done in the first place.

But I have ran into another problem. There was also a game editor that I downloaded a couple of years ago. I could install patches, change the wheels, shocks, trucks, sounds and what not. Now the editor is not working with the game properly installed.

When I try to install the patches, the patches are already installed, yet when I run the game program, the patches are not installed. So I go back to the game editor to uninstall the patches. But when I do that, I get an error message. Message says that the patch cannot be uninstalled because a file cannot be found. But I cannot find the file!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

programs like that (editors) are meant to be installed on top of the working game.

Think of it like...trying to stack a red block on a blue block...if there is no blue block, the red block falls. Or in this case, fails and f*s everything up.

Youll need to reinstall the editor thats having problems.
    But ideally...you would delete everything relating to that game, and start from scratch. Reinstall the game, then the editor, then the patches.