Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PC Games a dieing medium?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 2, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Anyone else feel like game makers are turning away from the far more advanced realm of PC Games? I mean, they can make things so much more detailed, so much more complex, so much better looking, but when I walk into an EB Games or Game Stop I have to search the place for their PC games section. When I do you are lucky if they have anything worth looking at or more than 2 copies of any good games. Where as the entire REST of the store is made up of PS2 and XBox games. I hate consoles, I really just don't like them nearly as much as my PC. I have my Gamecube(rivaling the PC for the smallest section of games), which is fun for what it is(it kills time) but I'd prefer some actually cool PC Games. As of now the only good game I know on the horizon is the new System Shock, called BioShock, but that could be a long way out. I just can't see my way to spending $150 on a PS2 so I can play Gran Turismo 4(the only game on the PS2 I would care about).

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My wife spent 299.00 on a earlier PS2 plus a new TV just so I could play Gran Turismo 3 when it launched :D

But that was years ago now .

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i am with you sled, i like pc game way more.

but if you could big a box for 39.95 of overseas lalbor, sell it here for 7.5 times that, then monoplize the games needed to play it, even if you dont make them they need to be licenced by you.

then after you make a ****pile of cash befor it is even out of date you quickly MAKE it out od date by relesing a new faster better one you knew about all along, so that kid will wine for the new one and people will re buy your 39.95 doller box and its nicely licenced games AGAIN!!

cash grab is all they care about:crazy:

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I think it has something to do with a game only console outstripping multitask PC's ability to be up to par game wise without costing $700 worth of new hardware (the DOOMN3 effect)

I just wish they'd start making GOOD games, regardless of grpahics.

Super Metroid and Crono Trigger, for friggin ever

5. google

google 1/2 ton status

Well, if regular games weren't so dang expencive, they prolly could. But most consol game makers won't put out multi disk games without charging you extra for them and the memory in the consol game systems..... well...... You may not get as good of graphics on a lot of PC games, but they are still more in depth and have a much longer play time.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I miss Arkanoid from 6 years ago...