Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pc help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, May 24, 2003.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ok i am having a brain fart hear i just reloaded my new pc and i cant remember how to do 2 things i want internet explorer to open maximized everytime right now it opens a new window and is only half the screen and i want it full screen ok second i don't want the msn messenger opening with outlook express anymore i don't even use msn messenger /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i uncheck it so its not supposed to open with outlook express but it still does /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what do you mean your window is half screen..does it maximize when you hit the buttons in the top right corner of the window..(maximize and min. buttons)?

3. mudhog

if i click a link and it opens a new window the new window is only half the screen in the upper right corner there are 3 boxes minimize maximize and exit and i have to maximize the window to make it full screen

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

lol i never could figure out the fix for that... i just make sure there maximised before i close them and usually they open that way next time

5. mudhog

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

what i usually do, is if i get a window that opens up in a small window, just drag the sides to the edge of the screen, and it will stay that way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Did you check in internet options under tools in the advanced tab?

7. mudhog

i have done all that and still everytime i right click and open a new window or clcik a link and it opens in a new window it goes right back to half screen /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

then its a setting in XP, and i don't know XP. I know that always works for me in 98se /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. mudhog

i am running millennium /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

milli-puke-ium

11. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Theres no good fix for it but heres how I do it.

First open your window and pull it out to the screen edges
    then hit the X in the top right to close
    Right click the IE button in the task bar (for the ME,2000 and XP users) and in the properties, click the short cut tab and then select Maximize in the RUN: box
    then click the IE button to open it and it should be full screen or your open in new windows at least should be pulled out the screen edges as in the first line here ^

Thats my fix for it, may not work for everyone but it seems to on my 2000 and XP boxes

12. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    lol i never could figure out the fix for that... i just make sure there maximised before i close them and usually they open that way next time

[/ QUOTE ]

if you maximize and then close it will go back to the way it was
    if you pull the edges of the window out and then close it it should open back up pulled out to the edges

There is a RUN: option in shortcuts that allows them to open maximized, but that will not fix the open in new window problems, they will not open in maximized because it was opened from another window /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

13. mudhog

the first window always opens maximized its just any explorer window i open after that that opens half screen /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif and i did what you said and it still does it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. mudhog

ttt again /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

To fix the MSN messenger thing, go to the Start Menu then hit Run. Type "MSCONFIG" in the box. When the window opens up, click the "Start Up" tab. Uncheck the box next to "msmsgs". That should fix the messenger thing. You can also uncheck the box's next to any other programs you don't want to start up when the computer boots. I unchecked pretty much everything. If I want to use a program I can start it myself. Don't need it done automatically. Just sucks resources. Also, this will work for sure on 98se, WinMe, and XP. Those are the OS's I've used, and it has worked on them. Running XP Pro now. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif