Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pc software/hardware ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ftn96, Apr 27, 2002.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Man, I've got a P2 400 here with 287 Mg RAM and I've freshly formated the hard drive. But my mouse seems to be the last thing on the priority list. When Im pulling up web pages, the mouse freezes till it loads. When I load up Dreamweaver the mouse gets almost non-functional. Is there something Im missing here? (besides a P4 2.0G, which is on the way, but this PC will be net'd out to the garage)

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

check to see what all is running in the background.. even though you have that much physical memory in your computer you might be using up so much of it that its locking up a little.... Just a thought...

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

My only guess would be maybe the IRQ?? Maybe your mouse has the wrong IRQ set. What OS are you running and what IRQ is it using?

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

98 SE. The mouse is on IRQ 12. Dont guess there is a way to DMA the mouse A? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Wouldn't that be the fix for this situation?

I have only the basics running. Norton AV, systray, etc. etc. No PC anywhere or web servers or and jibber jabber like that.