Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PC78 Elite installed

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by readymix, Oct 1, 2005.

1. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Finally bought it and installed it last night. Let me know what you think...

Here it is installed as flush as possible with the dash. The bracket to hold it is custom and mounted to the top panel of the ash tray assy. I also had to cut and modify a portion of the stock air ducting to get the CB to sit that far back in the dash.
    [​IMG]

Here is another view.
    [​IMG]

Here is a view of the 102SS Whip installed on the toolbox. The total height of the antenna from ground to tip is 14' 6" :D
    [​IMG]

The whole setup was bought from Frank at 1 Stop Electronics just the other day. He tuned it up also. Got my first contact from a guy about 20 or so miles north of me. Sounded very clear both ways.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That looks good. How's the SWR's ?? So you bought if from Frank huh ?? I post over on 1st stop's forums.

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

The SWR's right now are around 1.35 on Ch1 and 1.1 on Ch40. I am going to adjust it today.
    Yeah i have been on Franks forum for a year and a half or so. I also buy all of my comms gear from him. He is a great guy to deal with....plus his shop is about 20 miles from where i live :D

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I bought my President Lincoln off a member there. Phantom I belive is the guy's screen name. Sent Rogerbird1 a stock mic for the Lincoln at no charge cause the guy needed one.

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Nice install