Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pcorssmit:

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Feb 7, 2001.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Where's the specs on that rig of yours? That's my style too, lift a couple inches and take the rest out of the body. What kind of beadlocks are you running? ECT ECT. We want DETAILS man [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!

2. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

'83 Blazer

Front Axle: Dana 60, rebuilt, 4.56s, Detroit.

Rear Axle: 3/4 ton 14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroit, custom disks.

Steering: Crossover using 2wd box, Avalanche Engineering steering arm, Scout pitman arm, heim joints and 1-1/4" OD, .287" wall DOM tubing, 3 stabilizers, frame reinforcement plate and ORD brace. Heim joint/tubing tie rod, reinforced w/ angle iron.

Front Suspension: 4" Pro Comp front springs, Homemade shackles (1/2" longer that stock), single Pro Comp shocks, ~3” lift.

Rear Suspension: Stock springs w/factory overloads, shackle flip using OE stock hangers, single Pro Comp shocks, ~3” lift.

Brakes: Hydroboost, 1 ton master cylinder, braided steel extended lines, adjustable proportioning valve.

Tires:
    Street: 35x12.50R15 BFG Muds, bald, on 15x10 chrome mods w/4-1/8" backspacing.
    Trail: 15x39.5-15 TSL Swampers on 15x10 American Racing wagon wheels w/4-1/8" backspacing. I think the bead locks are MRT, they were put on by Tru-Design wheel.

Motor: Originally 6.2 Diesel, replaced w/'87 TBI 350, MSD 6AL, full length headers, single big block Flowmaster.

Trans: Stock 700R4, rebuilt, slips bad in 2nd.

T-case: Stock 208.

Driveshafts: Stock, conversion joint in rear.

Winch: Warn 8274 in old Warn winch mount/brush guard.

Dual batteries, isolated, one starting & one deep cycle.

Top:
    Summer: Kayline, older snap-style.
    Winter: Hard Top.

Body: Lots of Sawzalling, grinding, cracks, and dents, w/a 5’ wide red bow tie on the hood.

Sorry, I don’t currently have any (electronic) pictures other than the one posted under “Need pics of body trimming” (?).

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), Dana 60/14 bolt, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

3. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

Hey Pete,
    How much grinding did you have to do to fit the rims over the calipers? Sounds like an impressive rig.

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    86 Jimmy 4+3, 35-&gt;39.5 tires,4spd
    </font color=green>
    [​IMG]

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

The rear didn't take much grinding at all, the front took lots. However there was still more metal left than the 1/2 or 3/4 tons start out with. If I didn't feel it was safe then I wouldn't have done it. Grind a little, trial fit, grind some more. I've seen a few other rigs with the same setup, and I know one of my buddies just put the same size wheel (different brand) on the 60 front under his '93 Chevy. They clear stock rear drums (Chevy) fine, and 3/4 ton brakes require some grinding. I prefer the 4-1/8 backspaceing since it's easier to steer, easier on the truck, and doesn't create as many fender problems.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), Dana 60/14 bolt, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd