Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pcv valve help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by obijuan, Nov 20, 2006.

1. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

this may seen pretty obvious to some of you but, i have an 85 k5 with a 350 and a holley carb. the brake booster is hooked to the large port on the carburetor by the EGR, and in the instructions it says you can put either brake booster or PCV valve. my motor has two breathers right now and i need to know where i can put the pcv valve into the carburetor to make it function properly. or alternatively, where could i run the booster line? thanks in advance bigtime

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Run the brakebooster line to a port on the intake.

3. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

x2
    Brake booster to the large threaded port on the back of the intake manifold and the PCV to the carb base.

4. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

what do i do with the stuff thats in the threaded port? looks like cruise stuff and a vac line going to some module near the top of the firewall? can i toss that stuff thanks again

5. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Just tee into it. It's standard pipe thread, so you can get tees and adapters from any hardware store or home center.

Just be sure you get brass so it doesn't rust up on you!

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

booster filter

If you can pirate a charcoal canister for the power brake booster hose off an 80's GM vehicle (looks like a gas filter)--it will keep oil fumes from rotting out the diaphram in the brake booster and make it live longer...I'd run a separate vacuum hose from the manifold to the booster,not "T" it in with the PVC valve...:crazy:

7. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Nobody suggested tee-ing in with the PCV.

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

including me!

Yes,I realize that--I added that in case someone thought it would be a good place to pirate vacuum for the booster--its not!..(even though I've seen GM do it factory)..:crazy: