Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Peace is for suckers...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, Apr 26, 2006.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

My dad sent me this. Pretty well sums up what is wrong with the Left in this country:

"My disagreement with the peace-at-any-price men, the ultrapacifists, is not in the least because they favor peace. I object to them, first, because they have proved themselves futile and impotent in working for peace, and second, because they commit what is not merely the capital error but the crime against morality of failing to uphold righteousness as the all-important end toward which we should strive ... I have as little sympathy for them as they have for the men who deify mere brutal force, who insist that power justifies wrongdoing, and who declare that there is no such thing as international morality. But the ultra-pacifists really play into the hands of these men. To condemn equally might which backs right and might which overthrows right is to render positive service to wrong-doers ... To denounce the nation that wages war in self-defense, or from a generous desire to relieve the oppressed, in the same terms in which we denounce war waged in a spirit of greed or wanton folly stands on a par with denouncing equally a murderer and the policeman who, at peril of his life and by force of arms, arrests the murderer. In each case the denunciation denotes not loftiness of soul but weakness both of mind and morals." -- Theodore Roosevelt

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

You think it's bad now, just wait untill the next elections. I am unwaivering supporter of the war on terrorism, take the fight to them, before they bring it to me!
    That being said,I for one, am ready for our troops to be home and out that POS country. In the same breath I feel that we should end that little problem over there via a few well placed thermonuclear weapons.

"IT IS" high time that this go away. There is such a small possibility of us (the United States) coming out of this smelling like a rose, at most we can expect to be scoffed at by the entire middle east. At worst a third world war may break out.

Iraq and Iran (and Afganistan) will always remain muslim, and most will always hold a deep hatred for America and Isreal, no amount of intervention nor money will ever change this. When all Americans realize this and become decisive, then something good may become of all this.

All I really know is that our soldiers , men and women, are dying in the name of something that seems unachievable.

In my humble opinion, it is time to call a spade a spade, and take the gloves off, and end this fight. I have since dropped out of the republican party and have joined the ranks of the independants. Maybe I can do some good, maybe not. At least I will know I tried, which is more then most of vocal America is willing to do. Liberals are scared, conservatives are unwilling. Time for Back to Basics. A call to arms? Not quite yet!

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

That is why I say.............
    !
    !
    !
    !
    V

4. firefighter184

Well spoken Matty. I too feel that the Republicans I voted for have not upheld their end of the deal. I say we get the hell out of Iraq, but unlike the lefty pussies, who would pull out and then send flowers, I'd make it very clear to all of the Middle East that ANY terroist act against ANY US interest or allies, as well as WMD development will earn swift and sure military intervention via high explosives and/or tactical nukes. Those crazy Iranians arre going to start s*** as soon as they have the bomb, why not whack them first. If WW4 (WW3 was the Cold War) is inevitable, might as well kick it off now before the ragheads have an equalizer...

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Nukes can solve almost any problem alright! In all seriousness, I'm sure in 1943 a lot of people here in the US wanted our troops back home too. Doesn't mean it would have been a good idea.

Is this a formal surrender or the classic "declare victory and go home"?

1) I don't care what we "smell" like, so long as its victory.

2) The middle east scoffs at everyone who isn't a muslim. They scoffed before 1990, they scoffed before Desert Storm II... and they will go on scoffing. Don't really see the relevance. Its sort of like when France scoffs at someone. Who the **** cares?

3) The Third World War has been going on for quite some time...

Turkey is Muslim and they neither hate the US nor are they likely to attack the US or Israel any time in the foreseeable future. Its inaccurate to equate the words "Muslim state" and "intolerate hatefull mofos". As far as money / intervention not being able to solve problems in the middle east... why is it that the governments of Afghanistan, Turkey and Egypt aren't actively plotting our destruction? Oh thats right, money and intervention!

When we prove to the terrorists that we have an iron will and they have nothing to gain from fighting us, we'll win. During WWII the Emporer of Japan had a LOT more suicidal defenders than Islam does now... and he was convinced to surrender. Mainly because he knew resistance was completely pointless.

Liberty and justice for all is a never-ending battle. It has lulls, but it will never be decided.

Don't worry, when a terrorist nuke goes off inside the US you'll have everyone on your side/agreeing with you.

j

6. unclematty

I'm not saying to dump and run at all! I'm saying it's time to quit palying this as a lets spread peace scenario,and get our boys all shot up in the process and start blowing the sh!t out those that think that blowing sh!t up is a way of life, cuz it's not we all want peace and those fockers only understand brute overwhelming force, so lets give it to them! that is all!

7. unclematty

I see you down there Bubba.
    I'm trying to wait patiently, it's just I gotta go to work here shortly and won't see this for about 10 hours, and I'm drooling!
    this ought to be good, as long as it's taking.see you all in 10 hours

8. firefighter184

Problem is, as long as we have Kerry, Kennedy, Pelosi and the rest of the dirty liberal scum sitting in congress, we DONT have an iron will. This country is only an election away from being second-rate at best, erased at worst.

9. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

...napalm in the morning...

10. unclematty

Damn I'm so dissapointed! I was expecting a reply from BRB and it never materialized, He spent so much time (about twenty minutes) visiting this thread. All I ever wanted was some informed opinion, I got some, just not BRB's

11. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Notice how the Amercan public at large appetite for war wanes? We were attacked, and the whole country was out for blood. Now, four years in the mix, we don't want war anymore. America is fat and lazy, and always looking for the quick, easy solution, and not always willing to give what it takes, even though it is in her best interest. It will take another attack to find the resolve of the American people and unite them for the common cause of stamping out our enemies, and all those that threaten her. God Bless this country.

John