Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Peep's running headers...in Cali

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, Mar 27, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Peep\'s running headers...in Cali

I am in the market for some headers... I want a "shorty" style that will PASS smog (cause I live in Cali) any suggestion's? I also have air conditioning will that effect the fitting of a header?

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Re: Peep\'s running headers...in Cali

It is a start eric- but try here http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/ES/ESH/Comp.html just have to read the side notes on the smog stuff/also go for the thermo coating on what ever header ya get..mike
    Also they sell the a/c adapter brackets for the ac..Who ever you go though just tell them you need the ac brackets if the headers don't come with it.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://edelbrock.com/automotive/tes_chart.html>Edelbrock</a> makes headers that will fit your truck are 50 state smog legal.

4. UseYourBlinker

Thanks ......now I wonder how much they cost?

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Try Hedman Headers also look into Pace Setter, I think they have some shorties ones that might work for you. Edelbrock makes the TES headers and I have those (not shorties but came with the Y-pipe). They were $300. I was told last spring Edelbrock also was coming out with some shorties by early fall. I never checked into it though. If you find some headers you like price around I got mine for less at this one site then another offered. If you find anything I also have a PAW catalog and will look anything up for you if you like. Just let me know! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. UseYourBlinker

It's to overwhelming...I can't even read some of the small print on some of these web pages. Just gonna have to call someone tomorrow,and tell them what I'm looking for. Thanks for the links /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

I have JBA shorties on mine. They are 50 state legal.
    Jim

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Just a question for you CA guys that ARE running headers, or have done research...

Does CA not even care about the EFE valve (passenger side exhaust) when you go to headers? I'm just curious, since CA is typically so stringent, how the header manufacturers got around that, or how you guys did.

I could be mistaken, but I'd imagine the EFE valve is just done away with when going to headers, and being part of the "emissions" system, you'd think the government would really care about it being there.

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, after mentioning this to my firend, he said that all 50 state legal headers actually include provisions to keep the EFE...Hooker 2050's are setup the same way. Guess when I imagine headers, I imagine them with the collector way down near the floorboards.

10. UseYourBlinker

I went to Vic Hubbards in Hayward to get some prices on headers. They all ran about $420 for a kit. So I figured f**k it gonna put my $$$ into something else.

11. ChevyCaGal

You can get them for less them that..... what do you want, I'll look some stuff up in PAW then call 4WPW and they'll match them since there is one close to you correct? Plus if you order online try to see if you can get the 10%..... I called them up when they didn't give it to me and they refunded my credit card back that 10%.... I thought that was cool!

12. UseYourBlinker

I was looking into getting a set for no more than $250. I was also told from a friend that headers don't really make a difference,and should just stick with the stockers.

13. ChevyCaGal

I think you could get them for that much.... and I dunno about your friend but when I slapped them under my truck the different was night and day.... I doubt I'd ever go back to stock manifolds ever.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

14. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Hey , the hooker super comps, were $255 from summit, and $400+ with the ceramic coating. I think that was p/n 02453, and 02453-1.

15. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

You could just sell the '84 and get a pre '73.... or like a first gen. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Full convertible.
    And not have to worry about smog. Thats why i was set on a pre '73 blazer.

How 'bout that blown 540 stickin outta tha hood /forums/images/icons/smile.gif "No officer it's all legal. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif It's smog exempt"