Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pendelton Guys

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by sapper, Aug 23, 2005.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looking for some info, I'v been on the east coast for ten years and starting to get sick of the rain and humidity. Can someone PM me, I have some questions about living out there. thanks.

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Don't think you are asking about Pendelton, OR are you :doah: Anything on the West coast out side of the Seattle area and WA state coast should be better. Western WA is cold and rainy most of the year. Anything East of the Cascades is hot and dry desert climate.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

He's talking about the Camp Pendleton area near San Diego

4. sapper

5. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

what u want to know. im from MT/WA and was in VA and FL for some time. wont change coasts if i can help it. i love the weather and the area im in.

i assume ure mil? ull like the command better too

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

call me at 928-246-7648 if you have any questions....
    grant

7. sapper

What i really want is housing cost, I'm used to the house I have now but would like bigger, around 2100-2400 heated square feet, here that cost about 180,000-200,000 which isnt good but its not hard at the same time. That and comute times to the base, I would be in 1st CEB but I have no idea what subsection its in. Also do you guys get COLA? and how much is it? Main reason for thinking about a move is the weather, I have been on the east coast for just over ten years and days like today where it starts out to humid to do anything then rains for three hours then gets really humid is getting old. Thanks

8. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

2000+ Sq ft house = $400-500,000 and up. Part of the reason we moved. So cal is over rated and over priced. Nice place to be from...

9. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I am in the navy I do not know if our BAH is different or not but I am an E-7 and BAH is $2003 it is $2001 for an E-6 not much diff. We get no COLA either. Pendelton is a lot closer to Riverside County and Orange County than San Diego itself is and I have been told that housing up there is not as expensive as down here. I live in El Cajon and I drive about 30 miles one way to work on the coast. I live in a Condo that my wife and I purchased 2 1/2 years ago for 178,000. One identical to ours just sold in the same complex for 310,000. It is only 893 sq ft 2 bed 1 bath. I like So Cal but I hate the housing cost. With that said I am moving to Norfolk in April. :D

Hope that is what you are looking for.

Ira