Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

People Everyday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

You can't please everyone they say, but it's damn sure sad when you can't

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

This is true. I try to please everyone all the time. Sometimes I fail but I usually make up for it in the end. One of the reasons I try to make convenience store employees laugh as often as possible. There's almost always someone mad at them for their own (the customers) stupidity.

3. Resurrection_Joe

This day in age, it seems humility is a sin

To be humble is to be less

To take abuse and try and resolve a situation is weakness

Conversation is wicked

4. justhorsinaround

Ko. Why is conversation wicked? I guess my mind runs on a narrow gauge track and yours runs on normal ole train track.

5. Resurrection_Joe

That was in line with the previous lines, in todays world, conversation, real conversation, not the"hey how ya doin" crap, is not tolerated

6. justhorsinaround

Ahhhhhh. I get it now. But without real conversation i.e. swappin stories and such my life would be so very boringer (new word I just tried out).

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Not entirely true, most people just feel more comfortable having those conversations with trusted friends.

The world is full of critics and intolerant people with nothing else to do but judge others. Most people don't tolerate criticism well, thus the hesitance to speak openly with strangers. There are things I'll speak of while were eye to eye in the same room but others I am not willing to toss into cyberspace.

As far as Hey how ya doin crap, just a way to get comfortable enough around someone before moving on to deeper truths.

8. Resurrection_Joe

I guess I'm just a bit more open than most

9. Resurrection_Joe

Ok now I'm depressed

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Yes, you are.

Don't go getting depressed now. I've got to get off the board now so send a PM with whatever it is you want to know.

11. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I use to be one of those people that never spoke to a stranger without being spoke to first. Now after being somewhat active in this CK5 board I have learned to "open up" and talk to people I meet on the street/or normally would not have talked too. I credit my new world friendliness to CK5. I now meet and make alot more friends than I would have say 2 years ago. And now my long time friends feel comfortable enough to tell me that people use to think I was an arsehole when they first met me. You use to have to get to know me but now I make a lot more friends from the first meeting. I've found lots of cool parts and learned some very interesting stuff from one time strangers. I remember a year ago I was standing outside the bank and this thug SUV rolled up. He had some ho's and was blasting his system. I was waiting on my ride, when I said to myself " I wonder if he'll let me use his cell phone to call my ride". So I asked and he did, but not without saying something about the size of my cohonies and his women laughing about whats this white boy thinking. We're not alone in the world so why act like it. I know its kinda off topic but I felt like typing in one of RJ's post.

12. Resurrection_Joe

That's really nice, I'm glad you posted it