Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

People in my area York, PA

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Jan 4, 2007.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I am looking for people in my area that need help with stuff and that could lend me a hand once in a while I love working on these trucks!:D

Its also a plus because you can come up with better ideas thatn you could when your by yourself sometimes.

The other reason is that it is nice to meet more people that like the same things as I do.

2. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

im kinda close

3. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Ive never heard of Carbon County...

whats your zip code?
    it wont let me map it.

4. k5blazin

k5blazin 1/2 ton status

Im right across the river from ya :D

5. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Sweet I knew there were some people close by!

The reason for me making this post is that alot of my friends arent into the truck scene except for one person I see.

The offer still stand that if you ever need a hand or something give me a PM or if you want to meet.

I have only met 2 K5 members that live a pretty good distance away and loved seeing their trucks first hand instead of pictures.

In my opinions pictures just dont do the justice.

It doesnt help much when your wife isnt in to what your doing as much as you are, I tried to get her involved I guess thats all I can do.

6. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

im not that far.... a bridge and a few miles.... I have driven to york before....
    could lend ya a hand if ya needed it..... so you got a wife like mine.. they could get together and chat...... :eek1:

got kidz? I got a 6 yr old and 6 mo old.... but the 6 year old would most likely be helping us... :p:

7. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

I'm in York too, well specifically Yoe. Alas, my K5 passed on a few years back. I'm planning on getting another this year though. Can't wait. I love summertime cruising with the cap off, heh.

Where do you go wheelin around here? I never really found anything good. I field hopped in Stewartstown with my buddy, but then he sold his farm so now it'd be trespassing heh. There was also a very rough road out toward Crossroads I'd drive up and down, kinda fun but real short.

Well, nice to meet a few locals!

8. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

A stones throw from Pargon Mountaintop Pa
    I'm a bit north of you. 18707

If you ever need anything part-wize let me know I like looking for stuff.

bob

9. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I dont have any kids as of yet but maybe sometime in the future.
    I basically raised my nephew for a while and he used to help me in the garage back when I had my 79 Trans AM.

Kids are fun to be around they are so entertaining.

I am in between jobs right now so there is nothing big for me to work on at this time I appreciate the offer though to help out if I need it and the same to you if you would ever need a hand.

Im sure my wife would love to chat with your wife, who knows they may have something in common with each other like us CK5 people.

10. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Wow you are super close I actually live in Glen Rock and my tiny shop is in dallastown I could walk to your house from here probably hehe. sorry to hear about your K5 what did your K5 die from if I would have known you before it died I assure you It would still be living. I have many parts. I hate seeing these old chevys dying.

What year K5 you looking for
    I know of a 74 full convertable for sale for like $400 that has some rust issues but sure it is repairable enought to make it barley legal has the factory roll bar and a three on the tree tranny no motor I was going to buy it at one time for parts but I didnt have the room for it.

I went to the hollow... private property there is a stream that you cross and a clearing that has some nice mud pits no legal places except rausch creek wich is like an hour and a half away have yet to go there because you need a minimum of three vehicles with you. I talked to the ranger there and they are from what she says leniant if you break down or are on the trail and they are clsing up.

Ive heard of a place by three mile island but alot of people end up losing their vehicles I hear. I forget what its called. Give me a pm if ya want to check out what im working on and meet.

11. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Im actually looking for a dana 60 front but have no change to buy one but some stuff I could trade. looks like your about 3 or so hours roughly from me.

I think that I drove through that area with the company I used to drive for.

12. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Maybe we could all have a meet and greet some time unfortunatley I will not have my blazer ready for another couple of years but maybe by the time this happens I will be able to find a beater truck to wheel.