Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

People in your town asking you to register to vote..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Emmettology 101, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Anyone have people like this? I was walking into the local Auto Zone the other day with my brother and we were stopped and asked if we were registered to vote. He was, but I wasn't. So I filled out their form. Didn't ask for my full social, just the last four digits so I didn't feel as threatened. But they said I would be contatced in a few days to confirm this. I never got a call. Was this a hoax to get my person info???? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I usually just pass anyone up on the street, but didn't this time for some reason...

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Was it their form or the actual form that the state puts out? I've seen people at tables in big stores registering people, but never people that actually walk around in stores like Autozone...

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I had that happen at our baseball park here in Phoenix. I signed up..it was a large group of students with shirts and binders and everything saying "register to vote!". And that was also just the last 4 digits..otherwise I wouldn't of filled it out. Hopefully your case was real! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Yeah, usually liberal schmuks that want me to vote for Kerry though.
    My kids schools have been very persistant about it, to the point of basically harrasing folks.

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Looked like a legit form and I only did give my last 4 digits... So hopefully all is good. The people weren't actually in the store. They were out on the sidewalks of the plaza that this Auto Zone is in...