Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

People not signing credit cards....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TrcksR4ME, Nov 2, 2002.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Ok, I work in retail and a ton of the people paying with credit cards have not signed them and have left the sig box blank. My boss is always telling them that its not valid until signed and that we are not suppose to take it, which if you look it says "not valid unless signed". Yet people give us this "oh we want people to check our id not the sig" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. But if you leave it blank and dont even write in "Check ID", someone could steal it, sign it, and use it. Where did it come from that leaving the box blank is safer than signing?

Most places dont even look, which is stupid to begin with. Although I usually do get thanks when i do ask to see their ID when they have written "See ID", and they are like "OMG you check" lol.

Just is puzzling, it also pisses me off because if we are a store, and we work with credit cards etc, don't you think we would know the requirements? Don't pull this your a moron, I know everything BS.

Oh well, just a rant.... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

i have taken a coin to where your supposed to sign.. this way no matter what they always ask for my i.d... And if someone ever does run it and doesnt ask i wait till everything is done then speak to the manager... Sorry to be a dick about it but hell it could have been anyone trying to use my card... Now i dont do that to those that know me on site and know that its my card...

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I do the exact same thing but most of the time when they see it is not signed they do not bother to ask for my ID. I would be happy if they even said "It is not valid unless signed". But most of the time I do not get that. They just scan it, I sign the paper that they do not take a look at either and I am on my way.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

well at least you do that and dont just leave it blank with no si or anything at all. I don't really care what people do with their cards, but when they argue about it its annoying. The only person who ultimately loses is the person who leaves it blank.

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Seems most stores are not doing their jobs in that dept /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, and it's funny, people get annoyed when we say something about it, but were just being HONOST...amazing these days that someone would look out for you....oh well

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Yeah really, maybe that is why some stores do not bother mentioning it so that they do not have to hear it from the customer.

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I have "see i.d." written in permanent black ink on mine. If they don't ask to see it, I give them a ration of crap! I had my wallet stolen once and people were still letting the theives charge to it after it came up as stolen on thier machines! I had the insurance for it, but still, my motto is screw me once...shame on you. screw me twice...shame on me.

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I write CID on the back. I get everything from whos Sid, to oh thats cute. MOST times they actually check. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif