Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

People running 40" hawgs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Mar 22, 2004.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

People running 40\" hawgs

Sup ya..
    I know alot of you know that I am going to get my truck legal in NJ. 38" tires is the max now. But my 40's are at 38.3" which they will pass. they dont care what the sidewall says but what they actually measure. I was going to get the truck through inspection with these but I have noticed that they are so DRYROTTEN!!! that they will not pass. Can you measure your tires from a flat surface to the top? Then tell me the measurements and size rim... New 40" hawgs are 39" but lil lite on psi and wider rims will make them shorter... I wanna run 40" hawgs due to the width that they have. Also 40's are 39" on a 16.5x9.75 rim. Im gonna order 16.5x12 rims so that would make the tire shorter a little bit right?

well im gonna order on tuesday, as I am going to call the inspection guys up tomorrow and talk to them about stuff first.....

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: People running 40\" hawgs

my 40" Gumbo Mudders are about 37-38 range but after 2 years of faithfull service they are about 37 true inchs

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Re: People running 40\" hawgs

why dont you get a 14wide wheel?
    My buddy has 40" on his F350 He had 12wides but the switched to 14 and I think it looks better and also probably shortened the tire a little too(His are probably the old style ones)