Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

people using classified section of site

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazin_blazer, Sep 20, 2005.

1. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

unlock your email so people who aren't full fledge members can reach you...i've seen several things i would like but not going to pay dues just so i can talk about spending more money

2. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

that's just it. if you want full access, fork over the $25 to get access to all things. :)

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You get a whole lot more for the $25 than just the ability to buy stuff. :rolleyes: It's a deal at the price if you ask me.

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

The membership here will save $25.00 or more the first time you don't buy a part you don't need because of info you got here. Plus, you cannot put a price on the knowledge and experience that is on this board. If it cost $50.00 a year just to look at the forums I would pay it.
    I like the fact that members get first dibbs on stuff for sale by other members. The things are a good price and you don't have to worry about the correct application. It is like having a K5 dedicated salvage yard run by dedicated K5 people.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I like to deal with paid members when selling stuff because I have less of a chance of being screwed.

6. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

finally a reply i can understand

i don't want full acess just the ability to talk to the people who want to sell stuff thats "gotta go asap"all the knowledge in the world on these forums will tell me how to buy a cucv or a 96 impala ss! i've already signed up to buy a calender i guess i'll have to pay membership so i can get into the classifieds because i've seen stuff on there that no forum would have kept me from buying.

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

It's under 7 cents a day for a membership (if I did my math right :confused: )... then you can pm other members, view attachments, have an avatar, a photo gallery and other cool stuff.

8. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Let me give you a direct answer. They don't "have their emails turned off" ... from what I remember, non paying members cannot email paying members. I think you can receive emails, but not send.

Soooo...... the only way around it is to join, because I don't think you can post in the classified sections either.. can you?

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

as in ink on a famuse mans hand (PAY UP SUCKER ):p:

10. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

Amen. Cash was tight when I finally paid but saved it a few other ways just by joining. Its a cheap investment if you love your truck.

11. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

well worth the $25... if it wasn't for this site, I'd have: an 82 k5 with stock axles, a pro comp lift kit with blocks in the back, a full time 203, fenders, stock front and rear bumpers, carpet, a few fewer dents, about 6 grand in my pocket, no idea how to change an axle, and of course none of the fun.

thanks ck5 :)

12. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Like the others have mentioned, if you join up and spend a little time cruising the boards you'll quickly realize that there's A LOT more to CK5 than you might think, brother.

I've been a member here since the beginning, and I can think of at least a couple dozen members who I consider to be honest-to-god friends, even though I've only met a couple of them face to face. I have had several members coach me through a repair over the phone, and if I need some indepth info on anything else, those same members are only a call away, and are generally willing to drop everything and spend their valuable time helping my sorry ass.

Do you travel lots? Chances are, if you break down somewhere, a fellow CK5er is somewhere close by and will do his best to help you get back on the road, whether you're in your Blazer or not. It happens all the time- heck, I just responded to an S.O.S. a couple of weeks ago myself........

Anyhow, all the yammering in the world won't convince you that, as a K-series truck lover, a membership at CK5 is the best investment you'll ever make. You'll have to make that decision for yourself.

13. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I like this reason right here. I remember back when anyone could post anywhere and alot of people were getting screwed in the for sale section. It is well worth the 25 bucks here. We are not only a web site but a brotherhood of wheelers who love the sport and our full sizes ............

14. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Also ord and other companys give discounts to members which really pays over and over for your membership. i havent paid yet but i will shortly :D

15. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

shhhhh..... :D

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  16. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

I figger $25 a year is about the same as one of the 4x4 trash rags and I get a lot more here than I did reading the 4x4 rags.

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

the help doesnt stop with truck related issues. i was in a real bad place a couple days ago, and despite him being in Canada, and me being in the US, Paul took his time to call me on his dime and help me out. he made some very good points, and shared his experiences in a similar situation. he helped me to realize that my situation wasnt nearly as bad as it could be. CK5 isnt just about talking trucks, and buying and selling parts for me anymore.

thanks again Paul.

18. big4x4ride

big4x4ride 1/2 ton status

Let me get this straight, while we all pay $25 a year to use the site and post for sale ads, and many other awesome features, you would like to be able to use the classifieds here without paying?? What a cheap ass, if you dont want to pay I'd say find another site to buy stuff from. Try pirate4x4, they'd really love to help ya out there.

19. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Anytime, brother!!! Like I said, that's what the Brotherhood is all about.:thumb:

20. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

AMEN! Worth every penny and then some