Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pep Boys fired a manager when called up for military service!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tomseviltwin, Mar 16, 2003.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

French Bastards!!!! Tucson Manager fired for job abandonment when called to military duty.

Pep Boys

I will never shop there again /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Nice! So much for shopping at Pep Girls!! Frenchy SLUTS!!

3. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like Pep Boys needs to hire someone that knows the law. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

uhhmmmm that's illegal, isn't it?

5. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Well I guess we shouldnt spend our hard earned American dollars there anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

hehe, legal action all the way there, that's highly illegal. If I"m not mistaken they are required to give him back his job after he returns from service.

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I never shop there anyway, but this just solidify's my personal boycott of Pep Boys.

8. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

They lost their house over this. I hope there is room for huge punitive damages!!!

9. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

We do not have a Pep Boys around here. But if we did, I would certainly boycott the business.

Pep Boys and every single store,shop,business and employer in the nation should all be thankful that Americans have served and will continue to serve this great country of ours. If it were not for American Service Members, this country would be very similar to the places we all see on CNN.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If I"m not mistaken they are required to give him back his job after he returns from service.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, it's illegal to fire them and the company must hold their job for them, tho they are not required to provide any benefits during the serviceman's absence. Pep Boys has deep pockets, and I suspect they will soon be picked.

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I never did like them much. I would go there since it was directly next door to the main office at work and easy to walk to during lunch if I needed a part. I won't go back there. The service sucks, employees are stupid/rude and now this.... morons.... time to drop an email to them.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I dont know for sure but they actually might be able to get away with it here in AZ because of the 'right to work' laws.I could be wrong ill have to look it up. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I think TX has right to work laws as well but.....any federal law overrides state laws. unless the law is specific in an area that the fed law is lacking. or something like that, if I remember right from my government classes.

14. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I hate Pep Girls anyways and would never go back there even if they hadn't done this. But now it's time to spread the word and make sure no one goes into one of their stores without knowing of these evil deeds... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

15. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

That sounds about right as well, none the less pep boys suck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Nope can't do it. Violation of Federal Law. Place near here did that and was sued like a year later. Cost them a couple hundred K from what I hear and got his job back. I am sure there is a lawyer or two that would jump on that for a fee!!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, i heard that the family had to file bankruptcy (sp!) and they are now losing their house. damn pep boy bastards. the one in my town closed up shop a while ago... but if there was still one 'round these parts they wouldnt be getting my $. thats just BS. somehow i get the feeling that pep boys, the dixie chicks, and all these other left wing nut balls are gonna be feelin the pinch here purdy soon. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

j

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    hehe, legal action all the way there, that's highly illegal. If I"m not mistaken they are required to give him back his job after he returns from service.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only are they required to give you your job back, but if you would have recieved a regular raise during the time you were gone, they have to give that to you too. They must also restore you to the same position at your job.

The law is very clear on this. They won't get away with it. My employer wouldn't even think of it.

19. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the heads up on this issue. I will definately spread the word to everyone I know. I have only bee to Pep Boy's once or twice and that was a while ago. there store was almost as bad as going into the local Advance.

20. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ouch i feel stupid..i just got home from there..bought some wiper blades..oh well..guess its advance and napa for me...