Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pepsi Leases CO2 bottles - FOR FREE

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DPI, Jul 10, 2003.

1. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Here's the story. My uncle gave me two full 20 lbs. CO2 tanks he has had for 25+ years. One is steel, the other is Al. The Aluminum has a DOT date of 2/75 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. I called a local gas supply house and asked if they could test, certify, and refill the tanks. They so no, they belong to Pepsi, but you can return them to Pepsi for the initial deposit made on the tank. I say great, maybe the deposit is enough to purchase a new tank.

I call the Pepsi's Special Events department here in Tulsa and tell them the situation. They told me, I could bring both bottles back and he would give me the $25 deposit on the aluminum tank but couldn't do anything for the steel tank with it being so old.

After talking to him a while he said he would exchange the steel tank for a full aluminum tank for $15. Then charge $15 for each refill after that. He said this was a normal occurance to put a $25 deposit down on the bottle and exchange it when empty for $15. And if you ever want to return the bottle to Pepsi, you get your $25 deposit back - so it's basically free for the bottle and $15 for the fill! What a deal...

Now I just need to know where to buy a CO2 Regulator. Any suggestions?

2. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

Re: Pepsi Leases CO2 bottles

that's great news.. my bud has an old aluminum pepsi bottle that he wants to get rid of because he didn't know where to fill it.

thank for the info /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

4. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. on the regulator! I will be calling Williams Balloon and Helium (800-235-4112), asap to get that regulator.

Here's Williams Ballon and Helium's site.

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Just ordered a regulator from Williams. $30.25 + shipping for being a member of a 4x4 club.

I got the model 150 with the 125lb static pressure spring.

Thanks again Ric! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I went to a local CO2/Fire Extinguisher charging house and they wanted $65 for me to buy a 15lb charged unit and $15 for refils. Im going to look at some other places.

Thanks for info on Regulators /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I went to a local CO2/Fire Extinguisher charging house and they wanted $65 for me to buy a 15lb charged unit and $15 for refils. Im going to look at some other places.

Thanks for info on Regulators /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

even that isn't bad. $65 for the tank, $35 for the regulator. you got a $100 PowerTank. Nothing is better than getting $200 off a $325 product /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Maybe this is a dumb question but why fill them with CO2, why not get the fittings to use it for compressed air and fill it up yourself? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I am not sure of the numbers, but you can fill a lot more tires and run air tools with the CO2 because you are storing CO2 as a liquid and not just compressed air.

11. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

how about 25 dollars plus shipping. i have 6 of these bottles. PM me if inerested.

12. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Just curious,
    Why would I pay for the bottles when anyone can get them for free from Pepsi? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Did you even read the post?

13. 88Silverado

Most places charge a nominal fee to re-cert tanks.
    If you rent a tank, usually you will pay a pretty good deposit and have to renew it once a year.
    If you can get free tanks...that are certified or can get them re-certified, thats great.

14. 88Silverado

BTW, what is the highest regulator pressure setting you should use /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

15. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just ordered a regulator from Williams. $30.25 + shipping for being a member of a 4x4 club.

I got the model 150 with the 125lb static pressure spring.

Thanks again Ric! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

cool deal, keep us posted on how it works out for you.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Okay, for starters I'd like to say I'm an idiot. Now that that is out of the way, someone care to break this down in sub-lamens terms? You see, I carry a 10 gal air tank. If I could carry on of these and get more use out of it, I'm in. The other question O have is does using CO2 affect the rims, tires, or rubber in general. I also use my air tank to fill my float tubes for fishing.

Thanks in advance (I HOPE)!!

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

17. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

They told me, I could bring both bottles back and he would give me the $25 deposit on the aluminum tank but couldn't do anything for the steel tank with it being so old.

Let me ask you did you read the post. Seems like I did. Mine are aluminum.

18. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

If you would have completely read the entire post you would have seen this [ QUOTE ]
    After talking to him a while he said he would exchange the steel tank for a full aluminum tank for $15.

[/ QUOTE ] hmmm, lets see $15 for an exchange for a full aluminum bottle or pay $25 for yours + shipping of about $20-30 + the cost to fill it. Lets see which one is a better deal. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    You need to read the ENTIRE post instead of scanning the first sentence or two. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Why don't you quit trying to peddle(SELL) your goods and pay attention. Your supposed to be the teacher! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

This is what I did.. You can go to almost any welding shop. You put a deposit on the tank.. Mine was a $90.00 deposit. You take the tank back when empty and they give you a new one for $14.00. Any time I want I can take the tank back and get my$90.00 back.. I bought my regulator for $40.00 at a HVAC shop .

20. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

You know your right. I should take them back to Pepsi and get my $25/each from them. You'are a Pretty Fart smellar.

As myself being a teacher has nothing to do with this or the tanks that I have. I have my right to peddle (sale) as anyone else. I paid my $25 just like you. As my being a teacher, you have been here longer, and probably have more knowledge than me. You should be the teacher.

Check the for sale site out sometimes, My junk is just as good as some things over there, but you know, I keep my mouth shut.

I guess from now on I will keep mouth shut on everything. I'll keep my peddle bottles. and Above all I will READ all.

i'm just wondering if I can a refund on my membership??????????????