Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

perch adj. on a 1-ton 14 bolt into a 90' k5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1990K5, Dec 3, 2001.

1. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

perch adj. on a 1-ton 14 bolt into a 90\' k5?

i just got a 14 bolt out of an 86 1 ton crew cab how much will i have to move the perches for it to fit under my 1990? what about shock mounts? will i have to buy billet spacers to make the rear end as wide as the front like i had on my 12 bolt? thanks for your reply's, j.c.

2. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

Re: perch adj. on a 1-ton 14 bolt into a 90\' k5?

anyone out there?

3. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

Wouldn't the best bet be to just got messure the distance on the old axle?

not trying to be a smart ass, cause i dont know myself. Just throwing the idea out

who knows what i will be driving in a few weeks.
    Right now i have a 98 Explorer with 6" lift and 33's.

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

The best thing to do is to measure your old spring perches and use that measurement. The shock mounts are on the opposite side of the axle tube so you have to grind them off and place some new ones on the opposite side. When I got my 14 bolt out of a 3/4 ton it was wider than my 10 bolt. So it made my tires stick out a little further and almost even with the fornt 1/2. When I converted the front to 3/4 ton that moved the tires out some more so now my front is wider than my rear but it doesn't look bad. If I made my rear as wide as my fornt they would stick out WAY too far from the fenders.

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

5. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

well i dont pickup the 1 ton axles untill tues. next week so i was trying to pre-act not re-act, so the install would go as smooth as possible but thanks for the good idea.

6. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>It would be easier to cut everything off the housing, get some shock tabs and perches from a circle track suplier and set everything up under your truck before you weld it all in. That way you can take the degree wedges out of your springs (if your springs have them) and get your pinion angle dialed perfectly.