Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Perfect opportunity slipped through my fingers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Me89'Jimmy, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

currently my 89 is in the garage waiting for new axles right, so i have to take my moms Trooper, im 17 just so this all makes sense, to go pick up my sister from drivers ed, i pull into the parking lot and right up to another blazer/jimmy just like mine!!! same color and everything just his was completely and totally bone stock. Im eyeing up the thing and then all of a sudden this cocky teenager prolly 19 or 20 pops up in the window on his cell phone and gives me the "oh you wish you had this" look. Then the next thing i know he pulls off and leaves. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i had one of those IF YOU ONLY KNEW YOU SOB moments. god that killed me, its so depressing having to ride around in something other than your hoss truck, all my ego and pride is sitting in my garage with that truck.
    Oh ya my ride stats:
    35's, 3 inch body lift, (4 inch suspension was slated for the go ahead until the axle problem came up) winch bumper, 4.88 gears, and as of two days ago a blown gov lock in my rear 10 bolt and i did it all myself
    new axles: Dana 60 front, 14bff rear /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ok, I just needed to get all that off my chest, thanks for listening

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

man that sucks, i know what you mean. I have to drive my g/f 99 stock Tahoe everywhere when were out, and any time i look at nice off road trucks (not as nice as mine of course) i hate those "OH yeah i'm bad @ss" looks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Hmm... I can't say I've ever gotten any of those looks... I had a guy checkin out my Scout the day I brought it home though... and I get a lot of "What the f*ck did he do to that Explorer" looks when I drive around in my Exploder... the ugliest one in town as far as I've seen /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Go cry to Jesus.

I'm stuck driving a fawking Accord day in and day out. I'll start daily driving the K5 again if you pay the $2 a gallon for gas that we have right now. By the way, I drive 90 miles a day for work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

$2?!?!?!?! holy crap!!! It's $1.49 here, I thought that was bad /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif... I remember filling my Buick up for 99 cents a gallon... like twice then it went over a buck /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

And that's for the cheap stuff. When I got home, the Beacon down the street had $2.05 and there was a truck off loading, so I'm sure it will probably be a few cents higher in the morning /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

I thing that to when i drive the company astro van and a ricer is zooming around me I just think to my self just go home and get the vett and teach this kid some lessons
    I will teach that masta what zoom zoom is /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh i know how ya feel, right now engineless my truck sits, and i gotta drive our liberty......not that bad of a car, till you notice the only other people drivin em are 30somethin soccer moms......then its like wtf, why am i drivin this. Least its got every 4wd option on it, though my mom has orders out if it get any mud on it, im dead. Least me and my dad got the one with the 4.10 gear ratio so its a bit faster off the line than the normal libertys. BAH I WANT MY TRUCK BACK!

9. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And that's for the cheap stuff. When I got home, the Beacon down the street had $2.05 and there was a truck off loading, so I'm sure it will probably be a few cents higher in the morning /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's already up to $2.10 here for 87 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

It's pissing me off. Got my longest road trip of the race season next weekend and this crap happens........I guess I'm glad I ain't taking the K5, wouldn't be able to afford it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

all the way up to 3.00 in az in some places, most are 2.30 or so /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif