Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Performance automotive warehouse. . .cams?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Aug 17, 2004.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

I know they are cheap, but i want a performance camshaft to run for about 6-10 months until i can get all the parts to go full roller. Does anyone have any experience or first hand stories?

also, on a gm goodwrench 350 what the most cam lift i can run on stock springs?

Thanks.

2. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Well, I do know that they sell cheap because all of their parts are cheap japanese manufactured parts. Yeah, 6-10 months would be fine on their cams, pb draw the line at a few years depending on use. And I would say that the most lift you would be able to run is somewhere around .400 for TBI and .450 for carb. TBI you can run more, but heads, computer, and intake are the limiting factors.

Remington

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have bought parts from PAW many, many times. PAW is probably one of the oldest and most respected automotive performance mail order companies in the business. I was buying parts from PAW for my cars, trucks, and dragsters back before the Personal Computer and the Internet even existed.

Things may have changed since I last bought any parts from them, but there low cost line of performance camshafts where the Wolverine/ Blue Racer series, which where made in America at that time (early 90's). Crane cams has since bought Wolverine/ Blue Racer Camshaft Company, and Federal-Mogul has since bought Crane/ Wolverine/ Blue Racer. Who knows where the stuff is being manufactured now?

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have run engines with low price cams from PAW for well over 100,000 miles. There are two trucks that I sold back in the early 80's that are still running the same engine that where in them when I sold them, and they both had a low price Wolverine/Blue Racer RV camshaft from PAW in them.