Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Performance-Curve

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Madbomber88, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

Has anyone dealt with Performance-Curve.com before??

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Yup Ive dealt with Scott personally and he is one of my friends up here at school...Great guy.

3. Madbomber88

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Dealt with him before, great guy and dealings in my book

5. Madbomber88

I can't get ahold of anyone at that company. I was looking for a new catalytic converter and he wrote me saying he could get me a deal since I was from the site. He was really nice and I checked out the website so I went ahead and ordered one with expedited three day shipping. The money went through, and that was over 11 days ago. I've been calling the company 10 times a day for the last few days and all I get is a recording. Four emails to the contact numbers given on their site have gone unanswered.
    All I'm looking for is a tracking number or some update as to what is going on. Everyone here seems to say good things, so at least I know it's legite.
    Any ideas??

6. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I had the same problem -- Bought a couple things from him, and never heard from him again. Thankfully, I never wound up paying him cause he couldn't be bothered to tell me what his paypal address was / how much shipping was going to be.

I don't doubt he is a great guy, but his customer service sucks something terrible.

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I bought some stuff from them off Ebay. Was very dissapointed. :mad: They Never shipped my items. After many requests asking where my parts were. They finally responded saying they did not have the parts in stock. (How can They auction parts they do not have?) I immeadatly asked for a refund. After almost a month after I payed with PayPal, they would not refund my money. They never responded to my many many emails asking for a refund. Would not answer the phone at their 1800 #

Had to sick Paypal, and file a formal complaint with Ebay on them. That did the trick!! They finally refunded my money. Then he sent me A lame E-mail saying "Why did you report us to Pay Pal ? All you had to do was ask for your money back.... No apology for the bad service or anything. :confused:
    :mad: I sent as least 6 E mails asking for a refund. And Tried many times to contact them by phone. All I got was a recorded message. Asking to contact them by Email which they wont answer! :mad: :mad:
    They have a lot of negitive feedback on Ebay for similar complaints as mine.
    I will never deal with them again.
    I do a lot of selling and buying on E -bay. Performance Curve is my one and only bad experience there..

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  8. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I've only had good experiences. I've met Scott personally, nice guy. Bought several things from him with no problem.

John

9. Madbomber88

Well sounds like I am either out of my money, or I don't know.
    Any ideas on what to do? It's only $75, but that's $75 I can't afford to throw away. If I call my credit card, will they help at all?
    I've just never dealt with a company that doesn't answer their phones or their emails. Every vendor I've dealt with on either this site or the 67-72 trucks site has been great, but I guess my luck ran out

10. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Have you PM'ed MudFrog?

Thats his name here on CK5.

The other thing is, maybe his little girl is sick again, she had been having some real bad health issues and maybe he's dealing with that. Not trying to make excuses for him, but I've never had a prob in the past with him. Just a thought.

John

11. Madbomber88

I know.
    I'm not judging him, I just want to make sure I'm going to get the product I paid for, which so far has not happened. I have PMed him, with no response.
    I'm going to try calling my credit card and withholding payment.

12. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Madbomber, I figured I would post up and let everyone know that you have received your product and we will refund your shipping cost even though we shipped your converter 2nd day air.

Thunder, If you would have read our policy page you would have noticed that we state the qty on hand does not reflect our actual inventory. We are a huge warehouse and we "stock" everything we sell on ebay, but due to the fact that we do have 11 locations, we do sell to muffler shops and walk in customers it would be impossible to state our actual inventory. We repeat listings 2 times a week, we do not list based on inventory, you will find every other legit business on ebay (not someone working out of the house or a company selling reman or damaged goods) does the exact same thing. Simply read our policy page as the auctions states you must do in order to buy our auction.

Now I'm not trying to make excuses but within just under two years we went from selling about 3k a month off of ebay to 85k a month off of ebay. For a long time it was just me doing the listings, printing orders, shipping orders etc.. We have hired two more people just to do emails, phone and shipping. On any given day we receive between 100-200 emails and over the weekend it's usually 700+ emails. It's just basically impossible to answer all them even though we do try to. The obvious solution would be to hire more people, but like I said I am not working out of my basement, I work for a corporation and they will not allow us to hire anyone else at the moment so we must do the best we can with what we have.

I'm sure some people have noticed that I have dissapeared from the boards, it's been over two weeks since I've even been able to visit. I'm caught up with my job and my family and it really leaves no time for anything else.

Thunder and Madbomber, I do appoligize for the experience that you have had and like I said we are trying our best to improve on this but we did do the honorable thing by either getting you your product or supplying a refund, which is a whole lot more then I can say for other companies that I read about on this board, I've been screwed over several times before and I know it sux. Anything that happened was deffinitely not intentional and we will do what is needed to make it right.
    Scott

13. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I recently sent him a pm asking if he could ge me a deal on a high flow catalytic converter. He responded quickly, and even sent me the link with the right cat already picked out. I ordered it from him and got the confirmation right away, and I got the tracking number the next day. It arrived with free shipping in 3 days. I personally had a great dealing with him, and I have heard a lot of people who have the same to say. I would not hesitate to order from him again.
    -Harrison

14. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Nice to hear from you Scott... :cool1:

15. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the reply Scott. And Apology accepted.
    When I replied to this post I had no Idea you were a CK5 member.

FYI the link to the "policy page" you talk about on your Ebay adds does/did? not work. :confused: When you click on "Click Here" nothing happens.
    Maby thats why people get mad. All your your adds all say:
    "Most orders will be shipped within 1 - 2 business days." And the policy page link is dead.

You should fix the link or disclose the info up front in your auctions. That because of the large volume in sales the part may not be in stock and there could be a delay.

If you did maby you would not get so much negitive feed back.

Also performance Curve's Email response sucks. I would think when someone sends 3 e-mails titled "PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY NOW!!!!!! using Ebays ask seller a question, to scott@performancecurve and sales@performancecurve, and all are ignored there is a real problem in the E-mail dpt.
    I really didn't like to have to file a complaint with Ebay. But because of the lack of response to my many Emails and unable to contact by phone. I felt I had no other option to get my money back. Which was refunded immeadetly after the complaint was processed.

I dont want to come off like I an getting down on you. I am just letting you know how I feel as a customer and what problems I had with your company. And I am sure you are working on those issues.
    I know a growing business can really be a PIA and a lot of hard work. Congrats on building up a company that does the huge volume you do. Also you do have thousands of very satisfied customers. Your prices are some of the best I have seen on many items. Now that I understand you are going thru some growing pains. I will turn off rant mode :grin:
    I hope to deal with you again in the future.
    Thanks
    Dale.

16. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Made me a package deal and price matches people on ebay, great guy