Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Performance Tire & Wheel = 4Wheel Parts Wholesalers??!!?? - Updated

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brian 89KBlazer, May 25, 2001.

1. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

OK, I'm more than a little PISSED right now!! I just got off the phone for the 4th time with Performance Tire & Wheel having been on hold a minimum of 20 minutes each time! And all at my expense as they're obviously TOO CHEAP!!! to have a 1-800 number![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I ordered their 1.25" 8-lug wheel spacers over a week ago & the salesman told me they'd be hear by late this week. Well it's Friday night & no adapters! That's no so bad, I don't mind so much that they're not here but twice now, I've called to ask for a UPS Tracking # and twice, I've been given a WRONG NUMBER[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]!! They've got to have the crappiest customer phone service I've ever had. Everytime, a different clown has answered & gone off with me on hold for 20 minutes or more! This is GARGABE!! Their product may be good but their service by phone is SICKENING!!
    I'm was kinda ticked that they would not ship via US post office to save me the cost of customs clearance & now, I can't even get a STUPID tracking number! I've got a good mind to call Visa & see if I can put a stop on it!!
    That's my first & last shopping experience with Performace Tire & Wheel & I'd advise others who can't shop in person to be very cautious!!!!!!!

Sorry but I'm ROTTED!!

Brian
    89KBlazer

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Brian 89KBlazer on 05/30/01 04:12 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Re: Performance Tire & Wheel = 4Wheel Parts Wholesalers??!!??

"That's my first & last shopping experience with Performace Tire & Wheel & I'd advise others who can't shop in person to be very cautious!!!!!!!" I work about 30 seconds from them. The "customer service" in person is no better. I realize lots of people have had great experience with them, but I think they suck. I've bought two sets of used wheels there, one back in '96 when they used to be Coys (owned by Randy Coy, he was bought out about 3 years ago), and one last fall. Both sets were bent to hell. Garbage. They took them back, but it was a pain. I also used to deliver tires to them (used to work for a tire distributor). Have also had friends with similar experiences.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

They are crack smokers....I called them to get a quote long time ago when I had to get new tires. I had only like $450 bucks and wanted some cheapy mud kings....they told me there is no such tire. Yeah whatever...for a tire that doesn't exist America's Tire Co. sure had a ton of them in stock.... [​IMG]

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

4. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Yeah, Peformance Wheel sometimes sucks for customer service. Everytime I go there, they're always packed and it takes forever go get some help sometimes. They need to hire more people. I'd definitely complain to the manager.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com/chevy>http://www.off-road.com/chevy</A>

5. Brian 89KBlazer

Oh well Pete, sucks to know their "in-person" service is as lousy as their phone service! I just wish I had heard about them before I ordered! Every order I've placed so far has been an excellent experience. I should have known tsomething like this would come along eventually.

Brian
    89KBlazer

6. Brian 89KBlazer

"Yeah, Peformance Wheel sometimes sucks for customer service. Everytime I go there, they're always packed and it takes forever go get some help sometimes. "

....don't quite remeber that part in your article on Off-Road.com!!![​IMG][​IMG] or anywhere in Mr. Fox's write-ups either[​IMG][​IMG] Oh well, live & burn! [​IMG]

Hopefully, I'll get my spacers sometime soon! or at least the correct bloody tracking number!!!

Brian
    89KBlazer

7. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying that they equal 4 wheel parts wholesalers. 4wheel parts at least reach in their jar of bull$hit excuses as to why they screwed up.[​IMG]

<font color=orange>hAS ANYONE SEEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY?</font color=orange>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

8. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Actually, they were great on my spacers I ordered. A month ago, I had to get new wheels for the Typhoon and it was like pulling teeth. Sorry youre having problems. If you need the owners name, I can give you that Monday.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com/chevy>http://www.off-road.com/chevy</A>

9. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

performance wheel and tire KICKS ASS!!! you boys are talking to the wrong people (which there are quite a few of) you have to talk to chris (flash) gordon, he is awsome. i traded my trashed weld outbacks straight up for a new set of the eagle taos, bought bfg's from a private party that were out of round and he got bfg to replace them free!!, sells me the black am. racing ar767s 15x10's for $30 ea. and many other awsome deals. yes, they are understaffed but its worth the wait if you talk to the right person. p.s. i got my spacers in less than a week for $75.00/pair!!!!!!!!!

10. Brian 89KBlazer

Shawn
    I'd appreciate it if you could get me that manager's name. You can email it to me if you want or pop it up here on the board.
    1990K5: I wish I could go there in person & talk to some of the fools I've talked to on the phone! Then there could be some "kick-ass" service!![​IMG][​IMG]

Brian
    89KBlazer