Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Performance Upgrades

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BranndonC, Mar 18, 2002.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I am trying to find a 89-91 blazer and for the first 3 years that i own it, i will be at college and can't afford to risk breaking it off-roading. So i will put my efforts into the enging, for speed. I am a very buy chevy fan over fords and like to blow them away, so what performance mods can i do to make it kick butt. My Spending limit is probably $1000 to $1500. Thanks

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

1. Vortec heads and GM TBI intake manifold for Vortec head-->$700
    2. Headers--> ~300
    3. Dual exhaust--> ~300
    4. Custom Chip--> ~250

Install and let 'er rip... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif The Vortec heads and intake wil yield about 45-50 HP, the headers and dual exhaust, about another 30, the chip, about 10-15...So you could realize a 80+ HP gain for about $1500

Chris

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Get yourself highflow dual exhaust with high flow cats if you need cats where you are at. Also MSD ignition is another good add on. I won't give but a few HP's, but your truck will run alot better, throttle response will increase, and it will pull threw the RPM band quicker, so you get better speed.