Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

permit question...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jul 9, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

any of ya'll know if you need to have insurance to drive with a learners permit..with a parent..like have ot be added to my paretns insurance policy..or can i just drive (liek i think you can)..i thought you only need insurance when your driving your own car..then you get added to your perents policy..and of course the cost goes up big time..haha /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Bryan

2. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

It may have changed from when I was that young but as long as the parent is in the car your covered. It would be the same as if they loned the car to someone. Now some insurance companies make parents sign letters stating that even though they have a of age person residing with them they won't be covered. My advice is to call the insurance and ask. If your worried about them trying to charge you call them as an anonomus person with questions reguarding there policies, under the assumption that you are considering using them. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha well...all my freinds..have just gotten there permits and are driving..so i should think i could. i think i can get a junior lisence at 16, and can only drive from 5am- 9pm. just have to pass my road test..after i complete a driving lesson coarse..also gives me a break on my insurance rate to!! better get taken those lessons soon..so i can drive my blazer with out having to ask daddy to come with me hahah /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Bryan

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I had mine a couple years ago and I called and asked them. They said I was covered under my parents until I got my actual license. I would call and check, as it may vary depending on your insurance.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok..thanx

Bryan