Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Personal attacks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've been posting on this site for about a year now. I've been very impressed with all the information, and great ideas people on this site have came up with. Resently in the garage forum there was a intresting debate on 1/2 ton axles. I really like seeing everyone's opinions. I was dissapointed to see a personal attack in there. Although I wasn't the target of the attack, I still think it was uncalled for.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well what I think is funny is you get these people on here that just bought a Blazer/Burb/Truck and dont have a clue ast to what they own. Then after a few months of people saying you have to have this or you have to have that they buy all the stuff and then all of a sudden they are experts on the stuff. Just cause Joe Blow has a Dana 60 and a 14B FF does not make it a law that everyone has to go with the same set up. What bugs the snot out of me is the all of a sudden experts around here. I'll be the first one to say I'm no expert and I have been on this site for 4 years now and have owned My Blazer for 12 years. There is only a hand full of real experts on this whole board who acctually know their sh!t. The rest are just blowing smoke.

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I agree with Corey. I personally helped a new guy out A LOT a few years back. Two weeks later, he was telling other guys they should be doing this or that with their rigs. Funny, 2 weeks prior he didn't know how to wipe his own ass.

Z3PR- Now you know how us oldtimers feel, except the changes in attitudes we've seen are about 4 times what you've seen. Me and Corey have been here basically since Steve started the site, and believe me when I say that back then it was a bunch of good ol' boys talking trucks. There weren't any shitrats on the site back then, either.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Me and Corey have been here basically since Steve started the site, and believe me when I say that back then it was a bunch of good ol' boys talking trucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah back when Steve still had 10 bolts and was skeptical of trimming his finders. Oh how I long for the good old days.

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

HEY Y'all,,, New Guy Here! Ah been doin dis here wheelin stuff (including repairing most of my mistakes on the trail myself) for about a year and a half now. Got sucked right in to CK5. So far it's taken me since ah joined here to figure out what the heck ya'll talking about much less learn it ma self by puting it to use. It takes time to suck dis stuff up. That's how you guys got where you are. Give us a chance to catch up and when yer old and feeble you can look at our trucks and say "Ah member when ah started doin dat to ma truck". Bout 20 years ago... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well what I think is funny is you get these people on here that just bought a Blazer/Burb/Truck and dont have a clue ast to what they own. Then after a few months of people saying you have to have this or you have to have that they buy all the stuff and then all of a sudden they are experts on the stuff. Just cause Joe Blow has a Dana 60 and a 14B FF does not make it a law that everyone has to go with the same set up. What bugs the snot out of me is the all of a sudden experts around here. I'll be the first one to say I'm no expert and I have been on this site for 4 years now and have owned My Blazer for 12 years. There is only a hand full of real experts on this whole board who acctually know their sh!t. The rest are just blowing smoke.

[/ QUOTE ] Are y'all under the impression I've been saying everybody needs a 14 Bolt FF and a Dana 60 ??? I am very pro 14 bolt FF, but I've never said everybody needs one.

7. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

You know, I was quite suprised to see the comments I did in there. I was under the impression most here felt the bigger the better. 1/2 tons are crap no matter what etc... I was happy to see the open minded and the ones who look more into facts on all situations and not just one. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am glad I caught that one.

8. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Screw all you guys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Can Can

Z3PR- I don't think that was Corey's intention. I'm pretty sure that he was trying to make a point about one of the things that pisses him off- guys who tell people what to do with their trucks just because they've read it a few times.

10. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    MAKING FRIENDS.......one post at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Can Can

hehehe........./forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you get these people

[/ QUOTE ]
    That is what I said. It's plural, as in more than one. I did not say that Z3PR says this or that. I was speaking of a group.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Z3PR- I don't think that was Corey's intention. I'm pretty sure that he was trying to make a point about one of the things that pisses him off- guys who tell people what to do with their trucks just because they've read it a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes!!! We have a Weiner I mean Winner.

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I grew up wrenching, but I didn't learn so much about 4x4's and wheelin' (not just K5's) til I started on CK5.
    Then I burnt on axle-talk, and now only hang out in non-4x4, where I have nothing to contribute...

I wheel very infrequently, but a lot in the recent snow (2 feet of unplowed can be rough!), and in the woods and mud a lot when we vacation. I've had very little (if any) breakage that couldn't have been prevented with normal maintenance. I like my axles and have three major reasons not to change them:
    Time
    Money
    They haven't broken yet.

Hi. I'm Ratch, and I wheel half-ton.

15. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    you get these people

[/ QUOTE ]
    That is what I said. It's plural, as in more than one. I did not say that Z3PR says this or that. I was speaking of a group.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Wasn't sure, so thought I'd ask. Nothing wrong with clairifing.

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wasn't sure, so thought I'd ask. Nothing wrong with clairifing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never did say who those people were. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif