Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

personal web pages??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bablazer73, Apr 6, 2003.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I am thinking of building a web page, but don't have much time to build my own. I was wondering what server type "quick build" some of you might be using. i want something that i can easily change pics in. I want to be able to show pics of current parts trucks and pics of my trucks progress. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I used to have a website with Geocities. You get somewhere around 15 MB of space and the site building tools are actually somewhat useful. Everything is pretty much laid out for you in a menu system. You can make a decent page without knowing any HTML at all. There are also a few other features, like guestbooks and so forth that you can add to the page for free. As far as a free web host goes, it's definitely worth the money /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

You might also look at www.tripod.com. I personally think this setup is more user-friendly. It's the one I started with first before I learned HTML. I had a very nice website up in an hour. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif