Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PETA makes some more friends.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Aug 9, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

NEW HAVEN — A two-hour animal rights demonstration on the Green Monday sparked outrage instead of sympathy from the public.

"This is the most racist thing I’ve ever seen on the Green. How dare you," roared Philip Goldson, 43, of New Haven at the protest organizers at Church and Chapel streets.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, a national animal rights group, posted giant photographs of people, mostly black Americans, being tortured, sold and killed, next to photographs of animals, including cattle and sheep, being tortured, sold and killed.

PETA wants people to stop eating animals, stop using them for clothing, stop forcing animals to entertain people (as in a circus) and stop animal experimentation.

Carr said she doesn’t want animals sold or treated as property either.

"Once again, black people are being pimped. You used us. You have used us enough," Esdaile said. "Take it down immediately."

"I am a black man! I can’t compare the suffering of these black human beings to the suffering of this cow," said Michael Perkins, 47, of New Haven. He stood in front of a photo of butchered livestock hung next to the photo of two lynched black men dangling before a white mob.

"You can’t compare me to a freaking cow," shouted John Darryl Thompson, 46, of New Haven, inches from Carr’s face. "We don’t care about PETA. You are playing a dangerous game."

[​IMG]

Too bad they didn't beat his ass on camera for our amusement.

full story:
    http://www.nhregister.com/site/news...1281&PAG=461&dept_id=517515&rfi=6

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's what happens to the brain when there is a lack of protien.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I don't understand that organization... Do the people organizing these things *really* believe all this?? Enough so that they'd make such a poor comparison like that??

So far, all of PETA's propaganda has only encouraged me to oppose them as a group; nothing I've EVER seen from tehm has given me pause to think about thier message. If the people involved in this legitimately believe what they're doing, and aren't chasing the shock factor, then they are some of the worst marketers in the history of humanity...

Heck, if I saw this post before lunch, I would have had a ham sandwich instead of salad...

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I did kind of like the ads -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

You think that's bad?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh no, my kids, my wang

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Was it here, or another site I was on, or TV that I saw a deal where PETA petitioned the governor of Minnesota Tim Pawlenty to stop people from fishing for walleyed pike. He held his press conference response and they showed him in a restaurant later where he had a big plate of that same fish cooked up and again told PETA to STFU and leave their way of life alone. Here is his quote:

“PETA continues to display goofy judgment. Fishing is part of our way of life in Minnesota – moms, dads, kids, and grandparents enjoy beautiful summer and winter days fishing. We care for and enjoy our natural resources the right way. The PETA ‘Fish Empathy Project’ is nutty and misses the mark. Fishing is not, as they claim, the same thing as hooking a dog through the mouth and dragging them behind your car.

“PETA should stay out of Minnesota’s proud fishing lifestyle. Because of their letter, I’m going out for a walleye dinner tonight.”

By the way, I sent an e-mail to the governor and thanked him for having the guts to do what he did.

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

One of the few moments during his term that I've been proud to live in Minnesota...I believe he actually had part of the press conference in the restaurant while he was eating walleye.

8. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I had some PETA freak tell me I was enslaving my 4 cats by feeding them so they would come back to my house. My buddy has a sticker on his ramcharger that says he belongs to P.oeple for the E.eating of T.asty A.nimals