Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Peter Lik

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Mar 10, 2003.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I went to San Francisco a couple of weeks ago and went to Pier 39. While I was there I found a Peter Lik (talk about having an absolutely crappy name though!) photo gallery. I've seen his pics before but never really knew who he was. All I can say this guy is amazing. Too bad everything is a small fortune. I'd bought something if I didn't have to take a loan out for it. I hope I can reach this point in my photography someday! Well, all but charging so much. I don't see the point in taking pics to show beauty to people when only a select few can afford them. It should be for all to enjoy.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://www.peterlik.com/
    (The website hardly does these pictures justice)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Looks like he's very good at choosing filters to get the mood he's aiming for, or he's very talented at making the prints. Either way, very nice work. </font>

3. ChevyCaGal

These pics suck compared to the full sized ones that are 5 feet tall 18" wide. Yeah he uses filters but when you see them in the gallery they look awesome!

4. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    (talk about having an absolutely crappy name though!)

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif That would suck!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

PURPLE HAZE /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That would suck!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No .... that would Lik. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Cools pic's, though.

7. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Didn't you say you were in the process of trying to find an outlet for your pics? How's that going?
    BTW, I love the pics from Pete. I am a big art fan, mostly old school.(Monet and Renoir)

8. ChevyCaGal

It's going nowhere quick.... I got an offer but I want it done a certain way. I know beggers can't be choosers, but to me if I can't do it the way I want it's pointless....

For those who don't know what I mean... I do photography in my free time. I have taken a lot of my pics and put bible verses or Christian related sayings on them. For me personally I can't take pictures that look beautiful without Gods hand in it, so I want to show that....

I never see pics like this at Christian book stores and such. The few I have seen are so expensive it's crazy. So I was trying to make something nice and costs a reasonable. I see matted 8x10's going for $40 bucks! It's crazy. I think $20 is plenty enough. That way you make money, the store does and people can afford them if they do like them....

But yeah it's harder then it looks. Mostly due to you need some expensive proofs and other things to send in and that is killing me... maybe someday *sigh*

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's awesome.

[ QUOTE ]
    For me personally I can't take pictures that look beautiful without Gods hand in it, so I want to show that....

[/ QUOTE ] I know exactly what you mean. It's like saying, "Good job, dude" to the guy who photographed God's work...

I love when I can snap a pic like that, but not at all seriously, and theydon't come out near that nice. Very nice stuff there. Charging a lot for that sounds like shooting for "easy moeny" to me, but I guess if that's all you do, ya gotta make a living.
    Ummmm, what's this filter stuff all about??

10. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif