Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Phish Attempt?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Inu-Hanyou1776, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Take a look at this guys, and tell me what you think:

Possible Phish Attempt.

2. Inu-Hanyou1776

I think it was. I just deleted it. The link in it did not lead to PayPal's website, but actually somewhere's else.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Your link doesn't work, but NEVER log into Paypal or ebay through a link, they are always a scam.

4. Inu-Hanyou1776

Link doesn't work because I realized the message was a phish attempt. Figures then. Whenever PayPal has legitimately contacted me, they've always used a plain-text email. This one had their logo and everything. I'd personally like to find some of these scam artists, bust down their door with a shotgun and haul 'em off to the jail myself.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Here's one I got. I forwarded it to Paypal. Dont think the link in thepost works any more. Pay pal prolly had it shut down . But it took you to a log on page exactly like Pay pals page. If you loged on they got your password and access to your account Very well done. Phishing at its finest. NEVER LOG ON TO PAY PAL FROM A EMAIL LINK!
    always go to paypal.com.

Limited Account Access Details PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system.
    We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information about your business to allow us to provide uninterrupted service.
    We would like to return your account to regular standing as soon as possible
    To continue using PayPal's service without interruption, you will need to answer a few questions about your account and you may be asked to complete a short series of steps on the PayPal website. The purpose of this is to verify your identity and business information, as applicable.
    (Your case ID for this reason is PP-7402-4304-4967-5011-7417.)
    How can I return my account to regular standing?
    Please visit the Resolution Centre and complete the "Steps to Provide More Information." Completing all the checklist items will automatically restore your account access.
    We appreciate your business and apologise for any inconvenience.

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
    Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.1/205 - Release Date: 12/16/2005

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I got one from paypal the other day to verify another e-mail addy on my account. When I clicked the link I noticed the title in the blue bar on top of the window said like 10.32.236...something, but the address bar said service.paypal.com or whatever. First time I have gotten one, but glad i caught it:D

7. Inu-Hanyou1776

Just recieved another attempt. These gd'ing scam guys I guess don't know when to quit.