Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Phoenix guys, need house help for TOMORROW!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by fabjunkie, Apr 26, 2007.

1. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I ended up with a great job offer in North Phoenix so we have to find a place in between TOMORROW!! My office is going to be at the 17 & 101 interchange by the airport up there. My wife is at the I-10 & 60 interchange at Baseline. We need to split it as much as possible.

The problem is we don't know the good and bad areas. I doubt I really need to explain what we don't want to be around. We need a 2 bed or more, with at least 1 car garage. 1100 sq ft or bigger for under $1200. Looking at the Scottsdale or Glendale area possibly or in between, but not sure on the areas. A condo would be fine as long as there is a place to park both our trucks. The garage will be used to store my tools and what not, so we're not planning on parking in there. Just want a decent, safe area somewhere in the middle so neither of us have to drive 25-30 miles or more.

We found a great place in south Chandler, but it's 46 miles from my office. :doah: Any insight of where to look or stay away from would be greatly appreciated.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Move by us! Not just because I can have a Blazer buddy but the area is really great. Thunderbird and Tatum. You'll be a little closer than your wife to work but not by much.

I'll pm you my number.

3. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

stay away from anything between bell and greenway and 32nd st and Cave creek. That area is a peepee soaked heck hole. It's nicknamed "the square" by all the scum that lives there. My girlfriend's sister had her car stolen from our apartment (we have since moved of course) in the square. The fken scumbags were driving it around like they owned it. The cops didn't even care. People would strip cars in the parking lot and when we reported it the police dispatcher would say "do you know it's stolen?"
    "uh", "no, the people usually take the tires and rims off a car and leave it for months".

Sorry, but I hate that place.

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

call me there was a house I was looking at to rent but i passed since im not moving yet

480-228-3218

-shawn

5. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

Follow this link. It's got my realator's info. He's a great guy.
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205036&page=2

Your work and your wife's is a huge difference when you consider traffic. A good inbetween highway for those job locations would be SR51. It's tough to distiguish a nieghborhood becuase there is such a considerable distance b/t those 2 jobs. Good luck.
    Dustin

6. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Man you guys are too slooowwww.....lol I appreciate it though. :D

We ended up with a condo in Scottsdale just off the 101 & Shea (I know traffic is going to be a bitch, more for my wife though). I've got a small garage to put my chit in and space to park the trucks outside.

I don't know how many of you guys have met each other, but we should all get together for dinner or something in a few weeks.

7. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

Sounds like he's buying everyone dinner. :D

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Welcome to the area. I will be moving back to AZ shortly. The summer weather & the lack of english you often run into sucks but the wheeling is AWESOME. The people from here are ok too. :blush:

What is your rig? What is its specs? Do you want to wheel it? Is body damage ok :D ?

Rockcrawling is FUN :laugh: .

Harley

9. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I knew someone would call me on that. I would but I just got wiped out from the deposit and first months rent. :eek1:

I actually sold my rig so that we could move here. :( Figure I'd do some ride alongs with the crew out here before I decide what to do next. Thinking something truggy or hybrid. Once I recoup, I'll see what I come across. I'm sure Shawn will have something else to throw away by then. :haha::D

10. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

thats not that bad at all, on the 101 things slow down in the turns, for some reason people dont know you can go 50 mph though a mile long sweeping turn..via de-ventura is an area that slows that comes to mind.

and stay away from the intersection of 90st and shea during the afternoon:eek1:

I am in scottsdale everyday all day and I dont get aggrivated that often, when I do a u-turn it a quick jump over the median:D