Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

phoenix guys...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Mar 26, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

hey as some of you know i'm moving to fenix in a month, i'm goin to UTI. i need to know, just how hot does it really get? i live in vegas and it gets upto about 110-120 in the summer at my house. it cant be too much worse can it? and whats it like there? i've been there once for one day so i have no idea where i'm going really. and just how many CK5ers are in fenix?

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I live in Tucson, it's a little cooler. Only gets to the lower triple digits here. It Vegas hot. You'll be at home. Sposta be a little more humid tho.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

During the summer triple digits are the norm. 100-110 is about the normal daily average. 110-118 isn't totally uncommon. The current record I believe is 122. So if you get 100-120 norm in Vegas you shouldn't be to far off if any from Phoenix. As for K5'ers in PHX and the rest of the state, there are quite a few. I will name as many as possible, and I am sorry if I leave anyone out.

BadDog
    TheRobZilla
    Marv Springer
    DesertDueler
    87GMCJimmy
    FWP
    Burbinator (sp)
    AZBlazor
    Weisel
    DDDragoon
    Impex
    JimmyJack
    BlueBlaz52 (or something like that)
    GreenBlazer-AZ
    SuperSize75

AZBlazer (aka Rocky Mountain Redneck) and myself have run away to Colorado. I will be back sometime though, but not sure when.

There are more I know of in AZ that I can't remember the call sign for right now. Sorry if I left you off the list, but this gives you a rough start as to who is there.

4. Hossbaby50

Here are some more:

Moose
    Seventy4Blazer
    SMP
    C'moe
    AZHeep
    NoRulz

and I am still missing more I know.

5. muddysub

dang a lot more than NV thats for sure!! yeah the hottest ive seen at my house is 123 but thats only happened once. i'm definetly gonna have to meet some of u guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and there are sub culture members there! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

hey, jimmyjack, not to hijack the post, and i know it's a longshot, but do you happen to know a guy in tucson named jerry reding?? he moved to phoenix just a couple months ago, and lived in tucson for about 20 years. he lived out on arroyo chico road...i couldn't tell you where exactly that is because i've only been there twice, but tucson is a very awesome town from what i remember, the planetarium is really cool there.

7. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

It's a great place to live and one of my friends kids went to UTI. He really enjoyed it and after graduation moved up to washington where his mom lives and got a great job.

Mike

8. muddysub

i went there today and found an apartment! legacy park apartments, 2902 w. sweetwater, phoenix,az 85029. they're hella nice!!

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yeah, but i am a loner for the time being. only one in Yuma right now.
    grant

10. Hossbaby50

That is not a bad area. It isn't far from the freeway, and is only about 8 miles from school. Potato76 lives not to far from there. He is off Cactus and 25th Ave. He is one I didn't mention as he doesn't have a K5 yet, but he is looking into one here real. He is one of my best friends from high school.

You decided if you are going to take the Burb down to AZ yet?

11. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Hell yes he's bringing it. If he doesn't were gonna drag him back home by his ear and were gonna get the suburban to Phoenix /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

75-K5, no I don't know him but I know exactly where Aroyyo Chico is.

12. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    dang a lot more than NV thats for sure!! yeah the hottest ive seen at my house is 123 but thats only happened once. i'm definetly gonna have to meet some of u guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and there are sub culture members there! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]CK5 Sub-Culture UNITE!

not sure how long it stays hot in vegas for, but generaly phoenix sees triple digits starting the end of march/begining of april, and lasting until the end of august. Monsoon season doesn't really make it any cooler, it just makes it more humid then the east coast, while maintaining triple digit temperatures. ( in other parts of the world it'd be rain... in phoenix, water falls, but doesn't quite make it to the ground before evaporating/turning into steam, except durring the most violent of storms)

-Rich

13. muddysub

[ QUOTE ]
    Hell yes he's bringing it. If he doesn't were gonna drag him back home by his ear and were gonna get the suburban to Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ] tell that to my parents, they seem dead set on me leaving the sub here! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

you're going to need a reliable 4x4 out here in phoenix... remember, this is arizona, which is still part of the wild wild west, where we still ride horses, and most roads are just a dirt trace through the cactus fields.

besides, how'd they stop you from taking such a gainormous beast?

-Rich

15. Hossbaby50

On a serious note, the high country is only 1.5 hr's away and there is good camping and all the good stuff. A 4x4 is the only way to go to get there though, at least in style and have fun exploring.

16. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Scott,

If you lived in Vegas, Phoenix won't be to bad, about the same but Vegas seem to get more of a breeze. It does get hot her, but nothing a good pool in the backyard and AC can't fix when it's super hot.

Our wheeling season is comming to an end. We generaly stay the $uck out of the sun and out of the desert when it's in the triple digits. Just too dam hard on both machines and humans. Maybe some night runs, but mostly we spend our summers bottie fabing on our rigs.

We get 8 months of killer nice weather, so when the heat hits we stay out of it. Unless of course we just have to get a trail ride in... And it will happen.

Tranny coolers, oil coolers, power steering cooler and electric fans are a must if you are going to wheel in the summer here, along with an extremely good cooling system on the blazer. Last year I roasted a trannie due to the heat. The doubler really helped the trannie temp, as it does not work as hard now.

All I can tell you, is welcome, congradulations, you have moved to the land of the outdoors..... This place is awesome as far as wheeling is concerned, but body damage is part of the act....

Drop me a PM and will will get together when things work out.

Rob Finelli
    AKA: therobzilla

17. muddysub

thanks guys!! its gonna be awesome meeting all u guys!
    [ QUOTE ]
    besides, how'd they stop you from taking such a gainormous beast?

[/ QUOTE ] the fact that my dad's name is still on the title. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

18. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

You're going to be close enough where you are going to have to come down and wheel with the Big Dawgs dood... Make sure you keep up with us... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Be a man and tell your dad yer gonna hijack the sub and he can prosocute you if he wants. LOL! It won't stand up in court... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. Hossbaby50

I am in the same situation. It is my truck, but it is technically still my dads on the Title. He doesn't even consider it his anymore though. He gave it to me and now I do with it what I want. Next time he see's it from what it was when I left Phoenix for Colorado and it comes back he might not recognize it. I just picked up a set of 35's for it, I am going to lift it some more, trim the fenders, and losts more. It will be a totally different truck when he sees it again. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I told him the other day I was gettin the 35's and he was like, what the hell do you need those for.