Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Phone shoppin

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Dec 23, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ok, i am needing more and more ,a walky talky type / phone, to communicate with others while im at work. I was told the walky talky is free, but the phone part costs . Whats the deal with these things? Who has a killer plan , with a sweet phone? I was thinking about the motorolla waterproof phone/walky talky,but i was wondering, how does this work? Who has the best deal? It will be used mostly for commercial /buisness use, Thanks guys,Jacob :)........how much???

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Moved to the Lounge:)

3. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Its for work I am assuming....I'd go with Nextel...they are a bit more pricey (plans etc) but thier network is made for your type of business. I think Boost mobil has a walkie talkie option, but the network isn't very large.....(very limited).
    For what its worth, it IS a business expense. If you have employees, I'd recommend making them sign a deal with you something along the lines 'for business use only', and if they use it otherwise, charge them for the call. (thats how a good friend of mines boss did it, when he got the Nextels for his business) ...since hes gone into the mechanical field himself by starting his own business (heating and air). Nextel has its own networks, for construction, professional etc...check out thier website, and see what they have to offer. Good luck, and hope i helped!

edit: to use the walkie talkie function, the other person has to have the same provider (ie nextel)...not necessarily the same contract and it has to be on the same network (like i said, construction, professional, etc...)

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Oh,......du, sorry man, i was doing some algebra, pythagorean theorems, finding a little sqare root, and configuring volumes of cylinders,AND doing ck5 at the same time,,,, roltf, its alittle hard to do ck5 and that at the same time. :) A little out of focus, thats all, carry on!!!!!! :)

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah, thanks man, sure did, .... so go nextell all the way? Motorolla has that cool waterproof phone i want to get, cool stuff. Thanks man. Someone else said nextel was good too. When you say pricey, how much pricey? My cell bill alone is around 250 a mo, i think its time to change plans. Later, jake :)