Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Photo-editing software/shareware

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by heavy4x4, Apr 9, 2004.

1. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for some photo-editing shareware...anybody have any suggestions as to where I should look or what I should use?
    I realize I'm not going to get something of Adobe Photoshop quality, but I don't really need that. All I basically want to be able to do is resize the photos that load on my computer (they load on at close to 1MB a piece /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) and maybe do some croping...any other features would just be a bonus.

Thanks for any suggestions. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Try ThumbsPlus.

You can download the Shareware version and it will work for 30 days. I've been using it for many years. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that Photoshop does but it does all your basic stuff pretty well.

If you want to buy it it's cheap.

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

are you looking to pay the Shareware dues, or just get something that you can use until the trial expires?

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Think I just found one... here.

I downloaded it and it does what I want it to, so I guess I answered my own question.

Oh, and it's "freeware" I was looking for, not "shareware". /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hey you may want to try XN View, it's a GREAT program and I use it in vey advanced art projects and it eats them like a 1911 eats ball ammo

XN View