Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Photos From My Last Adventure

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Aug 27, 2004.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

This was one of the best trips yet...

11 Days

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Let us taunt it! It may become so cross that it will make a mistake. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It's vicious I tell you!

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

right, yes, four /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I love the bishop area. I think I might go for a drive up 395 later this year. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[​IMG] very good pic there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

wow i like horton lake a lot! thats a pretty lake!!

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That is absolutely awesome.

9. landsmasher

This is the stuff I live for. I work and save and then spend the money on doing stuff like this. I also spend it on jumping out of perfectly good airplanes but I can't help that... I'm sick...

I'm glad you like what I bring back though. I like to use the 4WD to go places. I'm also a history buff..

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Sounds like we like the same stuff. I'm building my rig extra heavy duty not to rock crawl it, mud it, sand race it, etc., but to explore areas as remote as possible in the desert without breaking down. I love the high desert with its solitude and quiet beauty. I love sleeping in the tent at night and not hearing a single sound of civilization. I love finding a nearly impossible trail down to the East Walker and then swimming in the river where nobody else can access. I love finding a hot springs out in the middle of nowhere that it takes a built rig to get to. I love riding fire trails on the tops of mountains and watching the sun rise and fall from a remote camp. I love visiting old ghost towns that few folks can go to and researching their history. To each his own and I respect those that run the Rubicon with 100 other folks, but I'll take the remote wilderness any day that requires self-sufficiency but provides the peace and quiet that the city life doesn't. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Desert Rat

Decided to start a folder on my webshots ( http://community.webshots.com/user/douglasgrant ) of some of my trips. Gotta scan more of the old traditional photos in too. But there are a mix of family and wheeling trips from back when I had my Bronco.

Update: New photos added as I write this.

12. landsmasher

I see you have a picture of Janie's Ranch when it was still green there. All those trees are dead now. There's not much left of the place. The buildings have been ransacked. The place has been for sale for quite some time now. Some friends and I were looking into buying it before I had the heart atatck.

Nice pics of Bodie! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif You should try going up some of the trails in the White Mountains sometime. Lots of stuff out there. Very quiet too.

13. Desert Rat

That trip my bud wanted to go inside Janie's just to "check it out". I had to educate him that they didn't encourage window shoppers, just cash paying customers. I'll have to head down that way. I saw a pic of some hot springs on your site that looked suspiciously like the ones I called "Mina" hot springs. That isn't their name, but they are south of Mina, NV and Candaleria Mine. I want to start branching out from the areas that I wheel now farther north and south. Most of my wheeling is around Yerington, Wellington, Tonopah, NV and Bridgeport, CA. I'd like to get down to the Mojave one of these days too.

14. landsmasher

Yes I thought your Mina hotsprings looked just like Fish Lake Hotsprings in Fish Lake NV. They must use the same exact plan for building those things. Two warm ponds and a main concrete tub that the water flows out of. Same cinderblock stub walls with benches on them.