Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Photos of game you've harvested

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by mofugly13, Mar 3, 2004.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Photos of game you\'ve harvested

I thnk we should have a sticky post where people post pics of game they have harvested. I'll start.

I shot this Coyote 4 years ago during deer season. "Thanks for the cammies Uncle Sam!" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]
    I shot this buck in Sept. '95. I cant believe how young I look. I was fresh back from MOS training and was able to sneak up within 50 yards of this buck. I've shot bigger bucks but this is the coolest rack I have harvested. It's a Columbian Blacktail.

[​IMG]
    I have about 10 disposable cameras with more pics of deer I've shot over the last 8 years, but I have never developed them. Guess I aughtta get on the ball with that. When I do, more pics to come.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Re: Photos of game you\'ve harvested

... as soon as I figure out how to post pix, I will. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Was the deer like that because you had dressed it already or was that from your shot? If the latter, damn!

4. mofugly13

No I had already gutted it. The shot was a picture perfect snap shot, right through the lungs. No meat lost.

[darn]!!! I just typed out a whole story of how the hunt went down then I went to add another photo, and when I hit the button to come back the reply page, the reply box was blank!!! SON of a BITCH! Anyway that was one of my most memorable hunts. As I sat here typing the story as it happened, my pulse began to race just like when buck fever sets in. Oh well, it was probably too long anyways. Just me rambling about hunting.....I can do that all day long.....

A few more pics of the rack and deer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If I start to ramble too much about hunting, just tell me to shut up.

5. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No I had already gutted it. The shot was a picture perfect snap shot, right through the lungs. No meat lost.

[darn]!!! I just typed out a whole story of how the hunt went down then I went to add another photo, and when I hit the button to come back the reply page, the reply box was blank!!! SON of a BITCH! Anyway that was one of my most memorable hunts. As I sat here typing the story as it happened, my pulse began to race just like when buck fever sets in. Oh well, it was probably too long anyways. Just me rambling about hunting.....I can do that all day long.....

A few more pics of the rack and deer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If I start to ramble too much about hunting, just tell me to shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

that has got to be the smallest deer I have ever seen /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif how the hell did it grow a rack that nice /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    what area do you hunt deer ? maybe im just used to the mulees over in eastern washington and the coast.

those are some nice pics.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Lol that deer looks like a dog compared to the ones here. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah we have small deer on the west coast... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

8. mofugly13

It's called the Columbian Blacktail, some call them "Coastal" deer. I hunt in Mendocino County in Northern Ca. Yes, they are small. They typically weigh about 95 lbs. when gutted. I have shot a couple that were 130, gutted. But in my area, these are rare. I think they generally are bigger as you go farther North into Oregon and Washington. They are the little cousin of the awesome Mule Deer. From what I've read, Mule deer are the what evolved from breeding between Whitetail and Blacktail deer. There are very few whitetail in Ca. As far as I know they're onlt found in the most Northeastern corner of the state. Blacktail are small, smart, and can perform amazing dissappearing acts right before your eyes. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Blacktail are small, smart, and can perform amazing dissappearing acts right before your eyes.

[/ QUOTE ] I'll second that one... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

That is a nice Black Tail. I used to hunt them in Humboldt County. Its hard to find them with nice big racks. I am convinced they can bend light rays around themselvs so they can dissapear.

I posted this in another thread but I'll put it here also.
    [​IMG]
    Got this muley with my .308. Was about a 45 minute drive from home. Wish I could say I made a 400 yard shot. But it was more like 50. I could have shot him with a bow. I spotted him bout 800 yards away, on a slow move with a herd of does. Waited til they were out of sight and ran like hell and got out in front of him. Hid in a canyon and waited for him to walk by. Amazing what a shot of adrenilan you get when you see a big rack.
    I am determined to get a bigger one this year. Hoping to break 30" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  11. mofugly13

Damn, nice buck, Thunder.

I know we're not the ONLY ones with pictures,
    POST UP FELLAS! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

Was able to draw a mountian goat tag in Colorado after 7 years of trying. After 13 days of hunting alone I was able to bring this guy home with me /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    [​IMG]

13. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

This is an outrage! As a P E T A member I highly protest this display of crualty. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

how would you like it if your next door neighbor buddy /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif up a fresh animal right in the front yard?

AND THEN DIDNT SHARE A STEAK??????

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif....

sorry, I couldnt resist. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. mofugly13

Here's a Coyote I shot on opening weekend of deer season. He's a little guy, and even though he's dead, he still managed a smile for the camera.
    [​IMG]
    Heres what the exit wound looked like. Thats from a 30-06 150 grain speer grand slam at about 30 yards. OUCH! He dropped like a box of rocks.
    [​IMG]
    Now, heres the buck I shot this very morning. Not much of a rack, but the body was decent. He's my eatin' buck, the next tag is for my "trophy" buck. I don't know why I look so PO'd, I was pretty happy, thats my 'normal' face by the way. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif People tell me I look scary, but I'm really a nice, very laid back guy. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    [​IMG]

16. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I havn't hunted with a lethal weapon in years but I do hunt with my camera now and then. Here's a little guy that I found out in the middle of nowhere. He actually hung around long enough for the shot.

[​IMG]

17. mofugly13

Not really game I harvested, but a snake I caught this weekend while deer hunting. I've never seen a snake like this before in my 30+ years of exploring this ranch. Had some unique markings and buzzed his tail like a rattler, with no rattles. I think I saw this snake on Wild America with Marty Stouffer "way back when." It mimics the rattler. Marty Stouffer, by the way, has THE BEST job in the world. Just my opinion. Anyway, heres me and one pissed off snake.
    [​IMG]

18. mofugly13

..and with this nice buck, my deer season ends. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Bittersweet, I shot two bucks this year, but there's still a week to go in the season, and I'm done. Oh, well. It was an excellent season for me this year. Maybe one of the old timers in the club will let me shoot a buck for them (they can't see to well in their old age). This guy weighed 120 pounds after I gutted him, pretty big for a coastal deer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good luck to you all who have yet to start yer seasons. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Thats a good Black Tail! Congrats.
    BTW the snake you have looks like a Gopher Snake. They are all over the place where I live and can get quite large. They will rattle their tail in leaves sounding like a rattle snake and they also hiss real loud. Their hiss sounds like a rattle snake rattle. They even can flaten out their heads to look like a rattler.

20. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I wanna play. Here is shot of a little sow I took last year.
    [​IMG]