Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Photos of my heart before and after the surgery....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Feb 24, 2004.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

These photos show exactly what happened to cause my heart attack which was mainly caused by smoking. It's called CAD or Coronary Artery Disease... The first photo is the collpased coronary artery due to the smoking or, hardening of the arteries. The second photo shows the aftermath of the stent or steel tube having been placed in there to open up the artery and allow blood to flow again. If this didn't work, the next step would have been a bypass.. I was awake and watching this on the screen the whole time... The doctors and nurses thought I was nuts to be photographing this stuff...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I can't make out a stent , looks like angioplasty to me... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gifJ/K I believe you those things are hard to read sometimes.....Hmmmm I wonder how Fumes knows all this??? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

cool. looks like the moon behind a tree, glad your OK. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Note to self: don't start smoking....again...

[ QUOTE ]
    Hmmmm I wonder how Fumes knows all this???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. landsmasher

You can't make out the stent because all you see is the nuclear juice that glows in the dark in my arteries. But I changed the photo and put an arrow where the stent is which now has blood flowing through that artery... You know this stuff Fumes... Look at it again... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. landsmasher

Folks,
    Please keep in mind that what you are looking at is the arteries that are on the outside of your heart. They supply blood to the heart itself. When they stop passing blood, you have a heart attack. And blood doesn't flow to your vital organs as fast or with as much oxygen. Like your brain. After the heart attack you find yourself with some memory loss. This sucks bigtime...

I always thought that I would quit smoking before it got to me physically. I thought that for 35 years. Well I finally stopped smoking. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah thats where I thought it was, just abit hard to make out... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

did it feel weird when it opened up?

9. landsmasher

Not really. I was still scared to death and all of a sudden it was all over. Didn't really notice anything except that I wasn't sick any more. Kinda wierd to try to explain...

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i was wondering

ya know the feeling when you have your arm or something numb, then you move it and you get that cold feeling when the blood goes back in?

i was wondering if you felt something similar

11. landsmasher

No. For one thing, your heart, among other organs has no feeling. That's why you don't feel the little wire they send up into your heart. Keep in mind I was under heavy medication by the time I got in there. But once the blood started to flow, I did feel better.

12. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Wow! Very interesting, glad you are doing well. Thanks for sharing the photos and again, Im glad you are feeling better.

13. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hmmmm I wonder how Fumes knows all this??? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do tell bro.........

14. landsmasher

Feeling better each day. The doc said he would probably kick me loose in 6 weeks which just happens to fall on my birthday. How's this for a birthdate.... this year, mine will fall on 04/04/04... Cool eh? [​IMG]

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Do tell bro.........

[/ QUOTE ] My Mom was born with small ateries and she has to go in all the time for angio's and to have stents put in, unfortunately for me I think I inherited this problem as well..This would be one of the reasons I like to keep my blood thin... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif