Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Photo's of our '91 K1500...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Savage, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Savage

Savage Registered Member

Photo\'s of our \'91 K1500...

Howdy again, from the Great White North. I felt like a dummy for not having a photo of my Blazer when joining a "Blazer Website Forum" so I took a couple photos & uploaded them to my homepage photos... Below are a couple photo's for you view...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Like I said, pretty much stock other than the bumpers, winch, tires & rims, but it gets the family around & it's tough enough for mild fourwheeling.
    My Jeep is a bit more intense... but still kinda streetable, I am designing new fender flares to contain the tires /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    [​IMG]
    Savage /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: Photo\'s of our \'91 K1500...

Nice vehicles.
    Um...I think you need a little more wheelspin with your jeep. Your tires seem a bit caked. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

they do seem a bit caked. just throw in a chevy 350. lol. that blazer looks nice. can't go wrong with one huh? later.

jacob

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Dude, the first time I looked at your pics, something registered in my head as not being right. Looking at them again, I figured it out. It's got the '91 front clip, body, hood ornament, tail lights, tailgate, and "fuel injection" emblem on the back, but it's got an '86-earlier headlamp setup/grill. Also, you write that it has an SM465...that's odd for a '91. Also, the glass in the '91 year in most cases was tinted...yours is not. What gives? Did you do all of this, or is this news to you? Enlighten me.

5. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

91's came with that style grill and the dual light setup,it all depends on the trim package.the single light one being the cheaper of the two.i just bought a 91 a couple of months ago and came across both grill set-ups.

6. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Interesting, I guess I didn't know that.
    What about the manual tranny? Is that just a rare, but possible option?

7. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

That sm465 ran in that year and in later years of trucks. Savage has the Custom Deluxe trim level or "work truck" set up. Pretty cool to have a manual and TBI! The tinted glass might have been an option on the Silverado package.

8. Savage

Savage Registered Member

Yup, our Blazer is the base model "work truck", ps, pb,3 speed heater fan, am/fm radio, rubber floor mats, roll up windows, std locks, no cosmetic or fancy options like A/C, tilt steering, cruise control, cloth bucket seats thus it has cccold vynel bucket seats [-15 up here this morning]. Works well, no need for creature comfort to interfere with operational ability. Savage /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Cool, keep it simple. I hate all the electric crap on mine and I can't wait to pull the carpet out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

yep something doesnt look right. looks like you cut and pasted the grill on to the blazer in photoshop. whats with the blue blob on the pass. side light trim.

11. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

The blue blob is just a piece of the chrome trim that busted off. <font color="orange"> Polaris </font color> has a '90 with the exact same 2 headlight grill.

12. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I think the "blue blop" is a piece of trim that is broken off, what you are seing is the fender. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

13. k5geezer

k5geezer Registered Member

Nice vehicles Ken. Question on the blazer. I have one very similar (same headlights, grill and sm465) with a minor complaint. When I let up on the gas, the RPM doesn't fall off immediately. I think this is part of the emissions control system. This is an irritant when shifting. My old carbureted suburban shifts quicker and smoother because the rpm falls off immediately when shifting. Does your TBI blazer do this also? Is there any way to improve this situation?

14. Savage

Savage Registered Member

Yes as a mater of fact my Blazer does the same thing. I am betting on it being a screwed up throttle position sensor... haven't yet really done much to persue this problem.
    Once my Jeep upgrades are complete I will get after solving the minor problems &amp; doing some upgrades on the Blazer. My wife thinks the minor rust repair &amp; new paint are the first order of business. I will likely start by replacing the faulty sensor, adding headers &amp; dual exhaust too.
    Savage /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif