Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Photoshopped cut fenders and 42s - what do you think?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shaggy, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I photoshopped my fenders to make them look like what I want when I cut them (again) to fit the 42s. I just wanted to see what everyone thinks of the radiused look... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Before and after shots -

Before -

[​IMG]

After -

[​IMG]

</font color>

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

That mud pit wasn't THAT deep to be getting pulled out /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Just looks like you are trying to cut the tow strap out of the pic /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But seriously it looks good. You may have to take alot out of the inner fender as well for that look though.

3. 502 4x4

502 4x4 1/2 ton status

Me likes the look! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If you were to cut the fronts like the "after shot", would you be able to retain the factory inner-wells? Will you be running a rear bumper? If so, I'm curious how the addition of the bumper will effect the looks of the rear cut?

Mike

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I wasn't being pulled out, there was a mound behind me that my brother high-centered on in his Heep, I was setting up to pull him off of it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The way I'm planning on cutting the fenders is basically as much as possible while still retaining the inner fenders. What you see in the pic is my best estimate of as much as I can cut. </font color>

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I really like the rear alot /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I wouldn't think you would have any prolbems with the 42's since you going up in height aswell. Can't wait to see it all done /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What? No chopped in hummer wheels? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif And where are them flames you talk so much about /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I gave a half assed attempt to put the hummer wheels in there but they looked really chopped in. The flames... geesh, I tried to draw them on for hours, but they never looked right. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Just use your imagination. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Looks good dude...too bad the real chopping is harder than photo chopping/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Are you moving the front axle forward a little?

Rene

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yep, front axle is 1.5" forward from where it was. I used the 0 rates on it and am praying that the drag link fits without nailing the spring. If it does then I'll have to use a block. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color>

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Just notch the draglink with a grinder...

Rene

11. Alaska Offroad

Alaska Offroad Registered Member

Hmm. Flames and hacked fenders /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[​IMG]

Ditch the inner fenders, and make you own from rubber sheeting. Bob the bed off right behind the rear shackle. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You know, I have considered ditching the inner fenders and doing the rubber sheeting thing... You have any pics of this setup? I want to run something for sure, my engine gets muddy enough as it is... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif The bed will get bobbed off when I ditch it completely and go flatbed. That's stage 2 of the current build up though, probably do that late next year or early 2004, same time that I revamp the suspension. </font color>

13. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

looks pretty kewl to me man.wish i could afford 42's let alone run them /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I wish I could afford them too! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif </font color>

15. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

How about my trimming??? This is the real deal, no photoshop. I also included the measured trimming spec pics. The truck is on 38.5x14.5x15 tsl/sx's, plenty of room for 42's next year /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Since the pics I have installed a 2" body lift and soon 1" zero's front &amp; rear, plus I already had a 4" suspension.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Sweet merciful crap, are you the man with a plan or what? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Did you make those drawings as a guide or did you measure after you cut and then make them up? Looks cool, I was hoping to get alittle more of a radiused look out of mine, but I'd be thrilled if they came out looking that good. What did you use to cut them? Could you have kept the inner fenders in the front if you wanted to? </font color>

17. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i like mine... NO TRIMMING with 42's!
    [​IMG]

18. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Branndon...I think that front fender's going to need a little off it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. Alaska Offroad

Alaska Offroad Registered Member

I dont have any pics, cause I ran all summer without the fenders or hood /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not having any sheet metal up there, lets the mud fly out the top, and not splash on the engine. My only problem was with rain getting in my distributor, but that would have been a simple fix. This winter im putting the radiator in the back, and finishing the rest of the exo, so at that point i'll have rubber sheet engine protection. Maybe /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

20. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

radious the rear a bit more to resemble the front.